Saturday, December 8, 2012

Under The Weather




So this day has been total write-off if I was thinking of getting anything done whatsoever. I haven't felt great for the last couple of days with a scratchy throat and now it has pretty much turned into a cold of sorts. My throat is still scratchy, my body aches and it isn't because I worked out yesterday or earlier today. I get these hacking coughs that remind me of the good old days 3+ years ago when I used to smoke a pack or so a day. Now that's a remember when for me.

I heard H leaving for work at around 630 this morning when the garage door opened and then I pretty much re-fluffed the pillows up and went back to sleep on and off for the next three hours. It hurt getting out bed. I know a sad, sad sight.

I managed to make some sunny-side eggs up with a few pieces of whole wheat toast and had a couple of coffees. You know that I am not feeling well when even coffee tastes like crap. Oh well this is likely the worst day of this nonsense.

I prepared some rigatoni with a marinara sauce for what either became my late lunch or early supper for me and H's supper. Now I am sitting in my room listening and watching a live 25 song set that The Tragically Hip posted online on YouTube. It's from an August 2009 show in Abbotsford in support of their "We Are The Same" disc from that year. I am not that familiar with that disc as my most recent addition of theirs to my Canadiana CD collection is 2006's "World Container" which I bought when I was visiting my sister at Christmas that year. Looks like I need to get busy on the Maple Music website as there are definitely a couple of items that I would like to get delivered before Christmas. A DVD and t-shirt for me and likely one for H as well.

Time for me to hop into a steamy hot shower and try to clear up my chest somewhat. Ugh I better be in better shape tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment