Tuesday, December 18, 2012

If It's Tuesday It Must Be Simpsonville



Okay so the title of the blog isn't exactly as good as if it is the Tuesday it must be Belgium movie title but it is semi-original because how often does Simpsonville get named in a blog title. Not too often I Dukes of Hazzard a guess.

So H and I just came back from grabbing a bite at Applebee's. It isn't usually a restaurant I frequent however I had gotten $100 in gift cards recently and after giving H $50 for his drinking and dining and more drinking pleasure I had kept $50 in cards handy for one of those nights that I didn't feel like cooking. Tonight was one of those nights so off we went to Applebee's.

Geezus the place was packed. No rhyme or reason except perhaps people feel a little more at ease spending money in places like this at this time of the year.

Here's a hint on how not to stretch the value of a gift card. Don't order large mugs of Yuengling because that will set you back $6.25 each. Talk about a mark-up. Two of those were almost equal in price to my Bourbon Street steak. I'm guessing that having fried onions on top of strip sirloin makes it Bourbon Street like. That must be it as it didn't come with beads or baubles. LOL. H had some lime jalapeno shrimp rice dish that he likes it seems.

It was nice time though. We talked about his upcoming Montreal trip. We talked about his 4 A's and his 4.0 GPA this semester (I am the proud Dad!) and we talked about what happened this past Friday in Newtown. I always find it interesting to look at things that happen from my unique Canadian viewpoint. It is so different in scope and nuance. I 'll leave it that.

All in all it was a nice way to spend a couple of hours. Laundry beckons!

No comments:

Post a Comment