Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pleasant Saturday



Okay as the day progressed I got a little more serene. To say that I was peeved off in my last blog would be an understatement and rather than embark back on that train of thought I will leave it to another day.

So after being awake until 5am or so my body clock today is a complete mess today obviously.

In support of my manager's daughter's school I made the trek down to the Barnes & Noble on Woodruff Rd. to watch her perform in the kid's holiday pageant at the store and to get add some fresh new books to my library. B&N was kicking back some money to the school. No idea what the slice was and nor did the ladies at the register. I sure hope that it's 10% or something like that. I ended up getting 5 new books that will carry me through the holiday season as I will have quite a bit of free time off work then. I rarely go down to Woodruff anymore because of the ridiculous amount of stop and go or not go anywhere traffic. Noonish on Saturday afternoon is not a good place to be near the stores on that road. As I was in the car I kept of George Costanza's father's line "serenity now." That's all I felt like saying over and over. LOL.

After getting back from there I ended up making that homemade chicken noodle soup that I started on yesterday evening with my adventures in making a chicken broth from scratch. The broth turned out okay but I had to improvise to skim the fat off that was generated from the leftover rotisserie chicken I used to make the broth. I'm thinking that a cheesecloth would be more effective to use as a strainer than what I used. I will to try that out. The base could have been a bit more chicken-y. LOL. Probably not a word but you get my point. So I added some leftover chicken meat, parsley, carrots and celery and added some sea salt and cracked black pepper and I think that my first attempt at made from scratch chicken soup came out pretty well. I had several bowls for supper earlier tonight and it sure helped unclog me from that annoying cold that I have had for close to ten days. The soup got my sweat glands going that's for sure.

I ended up watching a pretty cool movie on InDemand called "The Human Resources Manager". It is an Israeli film that was released in August of 2010 and the film is mostly in Hebrew with some English and Romanian thrown in. That's a first for me watching a film that had more Hebrew and Romanian than my two mother tongues. LOL. This film won the Israeli equivalent of the Academy Awards for Best Film, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress and Best Soundtrack. It's weird I don't remember much music in the film. Perhaps it's because I had to keep track of the sub-titles so much as the film was going. It was a good movie. Not typically the light-hearted romantic comedy that I usually watch. It made for a nice change of pace. Time to grab a snack and beverage. I'll be back....

No comments:

Post a Comment