Monday, December 24, 2012

Critical Mass



Well I am waiting for my coffee to brew and bopping along to The Honeydrippers "Rockin At Midnight". You know I appreciate that song more now than I did back then. It's a sure sign that I am getting older. I love the "rhythm and blues" feel to the song with the horns blaring away in the background.

The reason why this blog is titled "critical mass" is because I have reached the point where I don't have a single pair of underwear that is clean and I don't have a single white T left either. I have piles in my bedroom. I always have piles in my bedroom but today I have more piles than I usually do.

I do believe that today is going to be known forever more as "Clean-Up Marc's Bedroom Day". The gravity of the situation signifies the need to commemorate this day. I just need the caffeine to kick in so that my energy level gets there and I have to hide from myself David Baldacci's "Hell's Corner" which I started to read this past weekend in between naps. I know myself. If I grab that book and head to the couch; that's it the rest of the morning or afternoon will be a total write-off.

I think I need to thrown in a grocery run to grab a couple of things and may have to make a Greene's run to pick up some reds, ambers and pales. I have to make some sort of dish with the hot Italian sausage that have defrosted in the fridge. I wonder if Food Lion carries rapini.

On coffee number two now as David Bowie is singing about the "Jean Genie". I have the heard this song tons since its' release way back in '72 and I still have no idea what the heck he is singing about on this track. It bops though! Interestingly when it was originally released in the UK, the B side was "Ziggy Stardust". Wow. Imagine that just those two songs would blast away most of the pablum that is on the charts today.

I have an app on my phone called "Song Pop" that I play more often than not with random people around the world and I typically ace the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, the hard rock, the hair band, the one-hit wonders categories but when someone choose today's hits as the challenge I just want to give up on the game right away rather than guess the song title or artist for the auto-tune drivel that passes up as music these days.

Okay that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment