Friday, December 30, 2011

Ramble On I Say, Ramble On





So it's been a few days since I lasted posted so this may be rather disjointed going here to there and back to here. That would't be any different than my other middle of the night or middle of the day ramblings anyways.

It's 414am and I have been awake for the last hour or so and I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee already. I'm effen stressed trying to meet my targets for year-end at work. I really need to prioritize my time better. I think I may have to go into the office tomorrow (31st) just to get the last couple spreads done. I can work remotely but it is so much slower than being on-site and I get frustrated with the system hanging up. Anyways enough of that. LOL. It will be there still in another hour or so when I head into work at some ungodly hour.

So H made it back from brrr Montreal yesterday evening. Turns out it was -28c or some ungodly temperature like that when he got up in the morning. I don't miss those days. I left for work yesterday morning wearing a short sleeve shirt. Okay I may have been the only person in Greenville dressed that way given that the grass was frosted up but I knew the temps would get to the mid 50s so I wasn't about to get all bundled up.

It was great getting H back here though he wasn't thrilled to be back I think. He misses Montreal. He misses his Mom. It has to be tough for them being separated by this distance of a thousand miles or so like they have been for the last 11 and 1/2 years.

The first things he mentioned to me was that the night before he was in a bar drinking legally in St-Bruno somewhere and that the women in Montreal are so much prettier. I did mention to him that given Montreal has a population of around three million; chances are that there would seem to be lots of pretty women around. I also mentioned that he had just spent ten days hanging out with his Mom and her female friends so he was around women a lot more than he is down here. I think he has a Montreal bias going on. LOL.

He did bring me back some Tim Horton's coffee. That is a pretty good gift for me. I miss my Timmies. Spinx coffee is just not the same.

I am listening to some Peter Gabriel (In Your Eyes, Biko) and Boz Scaggs (We're All Alone, Lido Shuffle) as I am typing this. These songs are playing in another window via YouTube. It is something to see the late Jeff Porcaro playing the drums on this version of "Lido". He was an amazingly talented drummer and the list of artists that he played drums for before his death in 1992 is long and noteworthy. Besides all his work with his brothers in the band Toto; he played drums with Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Michael Jackson, Christopher Cross, Steely Dan, David Gilmour, Jon Anderson, Eric Clapton, Roger Hodgson, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits among others. Pretty impressive list.

I have the Jynx/Jinx monster using my left foot as a back rest as she goes through her cleaning routine. How often do cats clean themselves in a day? Sheesh they are like clean freaks. It's funny watching her as she is kind of, strike that, okay well she is a chubby cat and she really has to contort herself in order to get everywhere.

It's been great traveling to and from work with the light traffic on the roads this week. It's nice not to have to deal with stop and go on 385 like I normally do. I still get stressed though with the drivers. It's like I get behind the wheel and any calmness that I typically have in me is immediately gone as soon as I start driving. It is one WTF after another coming out of my mouth or as we say in good French "cris de calis". I'm telling you I am a lunatic. Stark raving mad when I am on the road. LOL.

Okay enough for now. I need to brew some coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment