Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Friday Night...Let The Weekend Begin...


So here we are Friday night starting another weekend. Hell Yeah! Last weekend I did a Costco run which I may have to do tomorrow and I picked up a case of Mexican beer which came with 8 of each Dos Equis ambers and lagers plus 8 Noche Buena bock style beers. I saved those for last. I like them quite a bit. It doesn't seem to be very popular with the beer snobs online. Most ratings are fair to middling. Well eff 'em. I like it and the price was right. I actually thought this beer was made by the same company that brews Dos Equis but it turns out that it is marketed together by Costco and not brewed at the same place.

How did I find this out? Good question. Well I went on the Dos Equis website to find out more about this Noche Buena beer. I got carded getting onto to Dos Equis website. They did an age verification check. LOL. They only allow 21 year olds and over to check their website out.

Okay I have to comment here and it won't be pretty. Which brainwave came up with this idea? Age verification for a beer company website. Basically you hover over dates and select your m/d/y and then you can access the website. Is this supposed to curb under-age drinking? Is this a Republican platform issue? This is effing stupid. A 10 yr. old can figure this out! Is there a law in regards to this? Holy Eff I went to a Canadian beer website and they age verify also. This is incredible. There are a lot worse websites that one can be surfing and those aren't age verified or brain activity verified for that matter but beer sites are verified. Goodness graciousness this is ridiculous.

I am hyperventilating. LOL. I think this is absolutely ludicrous. Age-verification. I was going to blog about Judas Priest originally. I'll have to do that later. They deserve their own blog. They can't be tied into age verification. I didn't intend to rant. Good intentions gone awry I guess. I have to figure out what's for dinner. I want Thai!

No comments:

Post a Comment