Monday, December 12, 2011

12/12/11 ramblings



Next year I will be able to type 12/12/12 ramblings. It will be like an Iron Maiden song and album times two! LOL.

So I made it through another Monday. Tomorrow is another one on one day. I just can't wait.

I am the proud parent of a young man that just finished his last final exam for the semester. H had his last exam tonight in Calculus. It had a weird start time of 730pm and it was supposed to last 2 and 1/2 hours but H aka Einstein Jr. finished it in an hour and half. He says that he did well. So far this semester he has two A's and two B's and a GPA of 3.75 so he is doing rather well. Good thing as the scholarship money comes in real handy.

While he was taking the test I decided to stop in at Bailey's for some wings and beer. I just didn't feel like driving back home and then driving back to get H at Tech. It was much closer hanging out at Bailey's while he took his final. It wasn't cheaper mind you. LOL. $4.50 for a dang pretend beer like Miller Lite. Just another WTF moment in my life. I guess it was better than a $6.50 Yuengling.

I got to watch a bit of the Devils-Lightning game at least. It was 5-2 Devils when I left. That seems like a week of goal-scoring for the Devils at the best of times. I didn't recognize half of the names on the ice and I found out tonight that a diamond merchant coaches the Devils. LOL. It seems that someone named DeBoer is the head coach. I think he purposely mispells his last name so that we don't (or I don't) mistake him for the South African diamond merchant family. I am pretty sure I was only person in the place watching the hockey game. All of the other screens were devoted to the NFL and the NBA. Toto we are not in Montreal anymore!

It was pretty cool turning onto Chinaberry Lane and seeing my Christmas lights from the corner of the street. No one else on my side of the street has any at least until halfway down the street so my 400 lights look pretty darn cool.

Okay it doesn't look quite like the lights that I saw last night in Butler Station. H drove by them on Saturday night and told me that I had to see this display. This house has over 250,000 lights. It's absolutely incredible! I went by last night. They even had a Santa Claus there for pictures. They were given out popcorn that you could munch on as you walk around their property as well as their neighbor's property to see these lights. I should have taken pictures. It was amazing. The couple that lives there has been doing this for the last couple of years. There are some baskets that they set up requesting donations to help defray the electric costs. Their bill must be an astounding amount. 250,000 lights! It is something to see. Even my jaded son was impressed. He doesn't impress easily!

I better stop typing as I have clothes to fold and a bed to make. LOL. I have way more things to do but I am having a Noche Beuna now so whatever else I intended to do tonight is pretty much out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment