Thursday, December 22, 2011

Middle Of The Night Musings





Well here I am awake at the keyboard at 254am Thursday morning. I don't think this is what U2 meant when they released "Wide Awake in America" in 1985.

Quick segue to that EP from 1985. I just had this idea about the EP when I mentioned U2 up above. I wasn't going here but now I am. LOL. Hey coherency in the middle of the night is not always prevalent. Smiles.

"Wide Awake In America" is when I was introduced to the live U2 classic "Bad". From the chiming guitar to the lyrics of heroin addiction which touch me deep down inside; I have always found this song amazing. There is a part in the song when Bono pleads, laments, wails "wide awake, I'm not sleeping". Man oh man that just gets me every time.

The link below is the live performance of "Bad" from Live Aid in 1985. I remember watching this performance and being spellbound. This too many was when U2 became the band that mattered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zIW8qDPhos&feature=related

Just another one of those nights. I fell asleep on the couch reading a Michael Crichton book and the next thing I knew it was 1am or so. It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

It will be a busy one later today. Have to work. Have to go to the post office. Have to get Princess at the kennel. Have a team lunch to attend.

I wonder if today will be a good day. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment