Friday, December 2, 2011

Live - Lightning Crashes



So while waiting for J to get home after A's JV b-ball game I've been listening and watching some of my favorite songs on YouTube.

"Lightning Crashes" by Live is one of my fav songs from the 90s. I saw this band headline an amazing show at the Bi-Lo Center a few years ago. The supporting acts were Tonic and Collective Soul. The show was amazing. I got us seats 3 rows from the stage. Us being Harrison and I. It was H's first concert. Personally I think that line-up was a pretty good introduction to live music shows for him. I'm biased as Collective Soul and Live are two of my fav bands from the 90s and beyond.

Anyways CHOM in Mtl. used to play this song every once in a while back in the day but it never really made it big airplay-wise back home. I really came to know this band when I first moved to Greenville in 1999 and spent hours and hours chatting online while listening to new music stations either on my TV or computer.

This is where I was introduced to "Throwing Copper" by Live. To me it is one of the definitive albums of the new rock era of the 90s. There are 4 songs on this disc that stand the test of time. They are as memorable today as they were back in 1994. These songs being "I Alone, All Over You, Selling The Drama and Lightning Crashes". Songs I will never get tired of listening to. This CD is on heavy rotation in my car and I bought the DVD of their show at the Paradiso. Simply amazing. The audience was so into Live. I would have loved to have been there. I would have been one of the many singing the lyrics as Ed K. was doing the same.

Back to "Lightning Crashes" now. I have sang two songs karaoke in my life. This was my solo performance. This is how much I like this song! I got up in front of people and tried to do justice to do this song. I remember my hand in my pocket. My right knee bopping to the acoustic guitar. Okay many may have been inebriated nevertheless this was my song. A song about life. Birth. Death. It is a song about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment