Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Day




Started the day off with a cup of coffee and then I was off to Massage Envy to get this long body of mine pampered for an hour. As per usual B did a wonderful job on my neck, shoulders and right leg. After walking out of there I wanted to bottle up that moment because that is the loosey gooseyist that I will feel until the 3rd Saturday in January when I go back for my monthly massage. The best $39 I spend in a month I think! I used to spend that in a week on smokes. Hmmm. Maybe spending that on a therapeutic thing would be a smart move on my part. My stopping to sleep on too short couches would be a cheaper thing to do. LOL.

After that I went to pick up a colleague from work and brought her for a late breakfast at Stax. A belated birthday breakfast. Hands down Stax on Orchard Park has the best breakfast in Greenville that I have had so far. I haven't done any of the hotel brunches yet so the voting isn't quite complete yet. Stax is hard to beat though. I love their Denver omelet and home fries!

Just before dropping V at home, we went to BiLo to buy lotto tickets. It seems that the prizes are huge right now on the MegaMillions and Powerball lotteries. I stopped buying tickets a few years ago when I found it too much of a pain trying to get paid back by work colleagues for the tickets I was buying. Some thought I was offering payment terms. LOL. Well I wasn't. Anyways I now have lotto tickets for tonight's and next Friday's draw it seems.

While V was buying the tickets I figured I would get that spiral ham for tomorrow's Christmas dinner. Well I was getting it at BiLo until I got peeved at their shady marketing ploy. Really peeved! I picked up an 8 lb. ham at the BiLo bonuscard price of $15 something however that price wasn't really the price it seems. Had I looked at the weekly circular I would have seen some crap ass pricing gimmick of the spiral ham being $1.69 a pound rather than the rip off price of $2.69 or something like that if I spent a total of $35.00.

First of all I don't look at circulars though I guess I should and secondly it didn't effen say that where the hams were being sold. The price tag said this price without card and that price with the card. I had to ask for the manager just to make that point. Even when you read the ad it doesn't make sense. Anyways I was peeved. The poor young lady monitoring the self checkout didn't know what to say to me to explain it. It didn't help that her first language wasn't English.

I am open-minded, however if you have a job dealing with the public it's probably a good thing if your command of the language of your public or customer is more than adequate. If you can't, perhaps another position would make sense. It isn't like you are able to solve any issues given that you can't understand what your customer is saying. That's just me though. Anyways needless to say BiLo is not on my list of places to shop for the next little while. Glad H doesn't work there anymore. LOL. So I decided I was going to get that ham elsewhere!

So after dropping V off at her place, I headed back towards home and had to stop at a couple of places to get some wrapping paper, labels, gift bags, a Christmas present or two and that dang spiral ham. Well I did all of that and spent more money than I planned to do. I think sometimes I would be better off if I carried more cash around and then I would have a better idea how I am spending money. I know that so far today I have spent money at Stax, Big Lots, The Great Escape and Food Lion. I know I spent more than I should. Again! LOL.

J and her girls are on their way back from Orlando, Fl after being away for a week and I figured that I am going to prepare a light Christmas Eve meal of sorts for when they get back to their house. So I better wrap this up and start prepping the food. On the menu are some nice Italian-style cold cuts, shrimp, fresh salad, a veggie plate that I am prepping and cleaning, bruschetta (homemade), some brie and gouda and fancy crackers, egg nog and some adult beverages. Heh heh. I also have to wrap presents. I bought two thingees of scotch tape. The way I wrap stuff I may need them both.

In finishing this up I would like to express my holiday sentiments here to everyone that reads my ramblings. I know some of you that read these and some of you are strangers. The thoughts below are for everyone.

This time of the year is especially an important time for families. Some of us have large families and some have smaller families. Some of us are fortunate enough to have our parents still alive and well. Some of us sadly don't. Sadly I don't but that is life. What I have learned is that you have, you must and you need to love of your loved ones that are still around. Family and friends alike. You never know when things can change. Arguments, disagreements, spats and misunderstandings are things that happened in the past. We learn from the past but we live in the now. Be happy, be free, be healthy and tell all of your loved ones that you love them be it in person, by phone or by email. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment