Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ramblings from TC...


Okay let's make this official for those that didn't already know. I just can not stop typing. The Allman Brothers had a song that defined me. So did Led Zeppelin for that matter. I am the "Rambling Man" that needs to "Ramble On". There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of something that I can babble on about incessantly.

The great thing about this is that it is a release of emotions at times. It's also a way of figuring out where I am at in the present day. For those that know me; I would think that they would think that I am pretty calm most of the time. I rarely get angry unless of course you ask H how I am when I am behind the wheel. I am an absolute lunatic. Pretty much every other driver on the road is an absolute idiot. As I said to H this morning; most of them are accidents waiting to happen. I sincerely believe that. Sadly.

So anyways it seems to be cold outside tonight. Okay cold for South Carolina. Not cold for cold's sake. The heater is starting and stopping and starting and stopping and my wallet is getting thinner and thinner.

I am still struggling with my sleep patterns. I am asleep at 7pm. Awake at 9pm. Asleep at midnight. Awake at 2am until 5am. And so on and son on. You can pretty much bet that I am not too darn productive at 2am. Basically listening to music online, catching up on baseball news, reading about the GOP nominees and their trials and tribulations and watching documentaries online on the National Film Board website. I get to watch stuff in French at least. It allows me to hear my kind of French on a daily basis. It's different at work now. There used to be three of us from Montreal and now there is just me. I know I am losing my written French. Not using it much. I still get to call my accounts up in the real winterland at least so I am not losing the spoken one.

I read that Dobie Gray passed away the other day at the age of 71. He was best known for the soul classic "Drift Away" that was all over AM radio back in the early 70s. I think pretty much everyone knows the catchy chorus when they hear the song being played be it the original from 1972 or the 2003 remake by Uncle Kracker that featured Dobie Gray. "Give me the beat that frees my soul, I want to get lost in that rock and roll and drift away." Everyone knows that line and I think that when we hear it we may even sing along to that lyric.

I saw that the religious leader Pat Robertson is back again spewing his brand of hatred on the airwaves once again by warning that "God will punish the U.S. for Obama's gay rights support". How can one be so intolerant? How does the things that he says on national TV be considered differently than some of the radical crap that we hear from Islamic mullahs or some other political despot about people that are different than they are? This man is an embarrassment. The conservative right like Robertson, Santorum, Bachmann, etc etc really have an issue with gay people. It's unebelievable that this takes precedent over the economic problems we face, the environmental issues that we have going on, the wars that we are fighting, etc etc. These people consider themselves as leaders? They're ignorant without much humanity it seems. Live and let live already! Darn these people effing annoy me.

I see that it has been a pretty quiet week for my Expos slash Nationals at the winter meeting so far. They lost on Mark Buerhle as a starting pitcher capable of throwing 200+ innings a year and as an example to the younger guys to go about their business. I guess they weren't able to match the 4 years that were offered by the Marlins. I think he will be real solid in the National League if he has a strong defense behind him. It would have been nice to see him in a Nats jersey. I hope that they aren't the mystery team for C.J. Wilson. I really don't think that the starting pitching is an issue on the team. They did re-sign Wang who is only going to get better and stronger being further removed the shoulder surgery in 2012. Strasburg is there. Zimmerman as well. John Lannan is solid and then they have a bunch of competition for the 5th starter. The big need is a leadoff hitter that gets on base and sets the table. Not sure if Ian Desmond is the guy. I like Espinosa and Desmond up the middle. Defensively they are only going to get better. They have doubles power. They can steal bases. They don't walk much though so their OBP isn't high enough for the lead-off spot. Hopefully they can find someone to patrol center and lead-off. April is only 4 months away. Yay!

Okay time to make breakfast and get another coffee. It is 545am Thursday. H needs an early ride as he has his Physics final this morning at Tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment