Saturday, December 10, 2011

Yay For Saturday


So it begins. I just felt like typing that. Not really sure why but it sounds so serious. Starting off with that gives me the sense that this blah-blah-blog is going to be a momentous one. LOL. It sure sounds better than the start of my blog title. Yay. What am I? Five years old.

This is going to a rambling one as if often the case when I sit down in front of my computer. It doesn't help that Neil Sedaka is singing "Bad Blood" in another window while I am typing this.

It's hard to be coherent when the lyric you are hearing is "doo run doo run di di dit dit ron ron". Perhaps Gordon Sumner aka Sting was thinking about Neil when he came up with his song title and lyrics to "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da". Then that leads me to wonder who influenced the German band Trio in 1982 when they released "Da Da Da". Was it Neil Sedaka? Was it Sting? Or was it Phil Spector's 1963 wall of sound classic "Da Doo Ron Ron" performed by the Crystals. Quite the conundrum I think! Ranks right up there with the evolution of man/womankind theories unless you're a Republican of course because then we all know where we orignated. We were roaming the earth with the dinosaurs as hypothesized by the brilliant lady from Wasilla. Tongue firmly planted in cheek. LOL. I don't think I had to add that but just in case I did.

Back to Neil Sedaka though. He did write and compose some really catchy tunes but I don't think he would ever had been classified as cool. Case in point the promo video from "Calendar Girl" or his appearance on Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special performing "Bad Blood". Perhaps he was trying to be known as the King of Camp. He did that well. Then again Neil has way more zeroes in his bank account than I do so he "doo ron doo ron doo ronning" to the bank or investment house way more than I am.

Hmm. I have to stop typing for now. I need to bring H to pick up his new glasses. The prodigal son has decided that 11am is an appropriate time to get up on this "Yay For Saturday" day. As Arnold once said, "I'll be back".

No comments:

Post a Comment