Monday, December 19, 2011

Grilling Outside on December 19th




This will most likely be a short blog as I have to get H in 20 minutes or so as he finishes his last shift at Food Lion before leaving for Montreal in the morning.

I am going to do some grilling after I get him. Supper at 9pm. Why the heck not? It isn't like my body clock is very normal these days anyways.

I've been a foodie in the last month or so looking up recipes to prepare just to add to my repertoire. Initially my intent in all of this was to add to what I already do well on the off-chance that I was going to really look into leasing that space where the Zone was but alas poor Yorick I think that the start-up costs would be prohibitive at this time with the slow season about to start for people socializing. You never know though. Perhaps once spring rolls around the opportunity may present itself.

I'm going to grill a london broil cut that has been marinating for the last 24 hours or so. I've found in the past that whenever I get deals on london broils I tend to cook it too fast without allowing for the meat to soften or whatever the word is for that. LOL. I had bought a two-fer at Costco and I slow-cooked one yesterday that made a great stew so I have new recipe in my arsenal. Hopefully this grilled one will turn out well. As Bruce Springsteen once sang "I'll be grilling in the darK" in a little bit.

I also need to prepare some bruschetta with the last of the roma tomatoes I have. It came out real well the last time but I think I have to be a little more careful with the "liquid" measurements. I'm going to use dried basil this go-round though as I am out of the fresh variety and I ended up tossing some out the other day. I hate tossing food out. I work way too hard to be wasting money. More on that on a later blog.

Okay time to get the prodigal son who is super excited to go visit his Mom up in Montreal. He is so excited that he packed his suitcase yesterday night. If it was me I would have been packing at 630am tomorrow morning an hour before leaving for the airport. I can definitely learn from him on that point. Way less stressful that way. O:)

No comments:

Post a Comment