Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sun Is Out (12/29/12)



So the sun has decided to come back and make in an appearance over the city of Simpsonville. It sure is nice to see it out even though it isn't all that warm out there. I just made my way to the kitchen to grab a beverage (LOL) and I looked outside through the mini-window next to the front door and I saw some glorious rays. For the last couple of weeks, sightings of the sun have been few to say the least. I especially notice it at work as I am maybe 15 feet from a huge panoramic view and all I have been seeing is grey and blackish skies and clouds. Ugh. Not exactly uplifting.

I need to get past this ennui that I feel these days. Spending Christmas alone was not a smart move on my part. I should have gone south and find some beach that I could have spent a couple of peaceful days in what I call my happy place. Salt water and I are one. It is the pisces in me. LOL.

Uh oh Houston we have a problem. I just took a sip of my RJ Rocker's Patriot Pale and set the bottle down and it fizzed up and we have a fizz field over my computer table. Time to get a paper towel. Okay all cleaned up!

So this isn't a Schlewing's World blog if I don't include the music that I am listening to right now as I type this. I have Peter Gabriel's "Secret World" concert that was taped in Modena, Italy in November 1993 that is playing on the DVD player on my desktop. Peter Gabriel is an artist! Simply amazing. This show is incredible. The songs, the musicianship, the choreography and Paula Cole. I think I am infatuated with Paula Cole. Ha. Now the world knows that Paula Cole is aces in my book. She has that thing.

Okay back to the present. I have to prep some chicken breasts that I want to have Greek-style but I will have to make a grocery store run and get some lemons. I'm out of lemons. You can't have Greek-style chicken without lemons. It just can't be done. So I am going to get some lemons and solve today's major issue in Schlewing's World.

After that I am going to fire up the work laptop and try to get my year-end targets.

That's it for now. Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment