Monday, January 14, 2013

Quick One For Monday (01/14/13)



This is going to be a quick one as I have some dishes to do as well as at least one load of laundry and I am going to try this new chicken stew/soup recipe. I have the chicken breasts in the oven and I'm going to have prep a whole bunch of veggies. I stopped at the "Lion de la Nourriture" on my way home with H but I forgot about corn that is called for in the recipe.

It also called for peas but that ingredient will not appear in any recipe anytime soon in my lifetime. I am still dealing with the childhood trauma of my not eating in peas at the supper table at one of the foster families I stayed with when I was 7-8 yrs. old. Not exactly one of those joyous memories that's for sure. Eff peas I say.

It was another dreary effing Monday here with the one positive being that it was warm enough to be outside in short sleeves at 6pm at night. That is a nice thing about January in SC!

Besides that I was pretty darn productive at work. It was one of those days that flowed pretty well. A rarity for a Monday. It may have helped that I booked about 13 to 15 days for later on the year. It still leaves me with another 15 or so take this year besides the stat holidays. I am really gung-ho on a beach trip or two this year!

I have 70s music playing on MusicChoice in the living room. I really need to look into getting a sound bar on that TV. The sound is kind of tinny to my uneducated ear. The mighty mighty Temptations are raising up a storm in living room. It is time for me to strut my stuff in the kitchen! LOL.

Peace out my brothers and sisters of the world. Let us pray for help for the GOP in the coming months that they come to their senses. It may take an awful lot of prayer there. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment