Friday, January 4, 2013

Already Thursday aka Almost Friday (01/03/12)



If I wait 24 minutes or so I can change the title of the blog to "it is Friday" or some variation of that.

In keeping with a 2012 tradition, I fell asleep earlier on the couch and slept for almost three hours there before waking up because the darn thing is just too short for me. That is another continuation of 2012 behavior where I am doing the same thing expecting a different result. Ha!

Actually the reason I woke up is that I heard H coughing like crazy. No matter how old your child gets, they are still your babies even at 21 years and 6 ft. 3 or 4 inches and all-knowing. LOL. I don't have anything for coughs in the house except Hall's lozenges which are affording him some comfort. Everything else I have seems to be sinus, drippy nose and sneezing related.

I did have to give him a hard time about going outside on the back deck and having a cigarette with his buddy M who was over for a while. As a reformed smoker I am giving him a hard time as if I never had a cigarette when I was under the weather. Yeah right. Just an example of the old do as I say and not as I did theorem of parenthood. LOL. Yes I am poking fun at that parenting skill of mine.

So earlier tonight I had some chicken souvlakis with some of the remaining Greek-style chicken that I had as leftovers in the fridge. Okay they were Greek-style chicken with tomatoes, red onions, shredded lettuce, feta cheese and tzatziki sauce but in large whole wheat tortillas as I ran out of pita bread so I guess I had Greek chicken tortillas. They were yummy!

So for Greenville today it was cold enough outside for me to go to Costco and drop another $150 or so on vast quantities of Fat Tires, Red Bull, Tortilla Chips, etc etc and leave it in the car for a few hours as it was near freezing. Yep I was out there wearing my usual short sleeve shirt as I am watching these female fashion plates with their jackets with what I hope is fake fur as if all of sudden we are in the Arctic. I hate those jackets or coats. It's weird that I eat meat but I draw the line at wearing an animals fur.

I'm sure that is hypocritical on my part but I am not ready to become a vegan anytime soon. It's like having a tofu burger that tastes like hamburger, well eff it I will have the real thing anyways before I have bean curd and pretend that it is a real burger! Okay mini rant there. LOL.

Uh oh I better post it as it is now moments away from being Friday.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment