Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tick Tock...


Well when I last left off I was just about to dive into a plate of spaghetti with a mention of being back in a few. I guess I meant 13 hours or so. LOL. I sat myself down to watch a bit of the Tigers-Yanks game and they were in a rain delay and started channel surfing and ended up on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on either the Travel Channel or the Food Network. I am not sure what station it is on. The stations are next to each other on my tv dial. LOL. Dial. We haven't those on tvs in how long? Decades I think.

Anyways one is 51 and the other is 52 on that clicker thing that Charter gave me. I am surprised they didn't charge me for that also. Ever look at your cable tv and internet bill. Uneffinbelievable the amount of fees and charges that are buried in the final amount. That bill is just as bad as my cellphone bill from Verizon. WTF are half those things that I am being charged on that bill. Fees, fees, taxes here, taxes there. Started off with a $70 plan and it ends up being over $100 when it is all said and done.

Uh oh I am cranky this morning. LOL. Guess that happens when I wake up at 419am in pain from that sciatic thing that I am going through. I was pacing from the kitchen back to my bedroom trying to loosen up my right hamstring which was completely knotted up. If I am not careful I will have worn spots on the carpet soon. LOL. Maybe I should just start walking up and down the street in the middle of the night when that happens again. Probably tonight the way things are going lately.

Tried to get back online last night but my internet connection was wonky. I called up for help on that 1-800-GET-EFFED number on my bill and I just got more frustrated trying to get to a live person. Man oh man customer service as a rule pretty much sucks everywhere nowadays. When you call up some number and the first thing you hear is please listen to the options as our menu has changed. That is a sure sign that you are about to waste 15 20 minutes of your life pushing buttons on your phone. It is even worse if you are doing this while on a cellphone.

So anyways they reset my connection but my router wasn't working properly so I had to connect directly to my desktop. It wasn't working all that hot. I kept on getting slow and slower page loading and finally I gave up and went back to that Clive Cussler book that I am re-reading. I need to head over to a used book store to stock up on new reading material.

Wow I go off on some strange tangents sometimes. Anyways not helping my crankiness this morning is the fact that I spent my first half hour online paying bills like mortgage, property tax, cable bill, Dell, Belks, Best Buy, etc. etc. Lousy way to start a weekend. LOL.

No big plans today. Want to get the prodigal son to the barber. He needs a trim and then some. I've been bugging him about for weeks now. He thinks I am jealous. LOL. Logical reasoning on his part. O:) Gets that from his mother's side of the family. I should try to get to that used bookstore and I would like to get a pedicure. Oh gawd I just typed that online. A pedicure. That is so not me. I've never had one but given that my feet are in rough shape I figured that they could use a little bit of pampering. I'm not very good at keeping them in good shape. I just looked at them and saw my left one but can't really see my right one as Jynx/Jinx decided to park herself on that foot. She's been hanging out with me a lot lately. LOL. She must know that I buy her food and stuff. O:)

That's it for now. I need coffee number two now.

No comments:

Post a Comment