Sunday, October 2, 2011

Quick Thoughts on Sports Results...


Okay it is around 630am as I start to hunt and peck on my keyboard this morning. I've actually been awake for the last hour or so as I awoke to the sound of some infomercial on TV. I fell asleep on the couch watching baseball on TBS or TNT. It sure is cold all of a sudden in SC. It's 46 degrees outside. If this continues I will have to turn on the heat. My hi-beams are on. LOL. I had the A/C running two days ago. Only difference will be that I will be paying a different energy supplier over a hundred dollars a month.

It was a sad day to be a Gamecock fan yesterday as they were outplayed and outcoached and deserved to lose. So much for that hype. Time for a change at quarterback. I actually watched most of the game late yesterday afternoon and it wasn't very well played at all. The old ball coach is making some questionable decisions. I'm thinking that we are seeing more of the Washington thinking than the Florida decision-making.

It was a great day to be a Clemson fan yesterday as they totally outplayed VT on the road. They should be ranked quite high this week and deservedly so. It will be hard to read the Greenville News with all the hype for Clemson for the rest of the football season. It can be compared to the Journal de Montreal and the Habs coverage. Complete with coverage of the bowel movements of the key players on the team.

You know what I hate about football is all the BS strutting after a play. Could be a catch, could be a run, could be an interception, could be a tackle. After the play ends all of a sudden a player or two will strut like a rooster. Sometimes they're strutting yet for no real good reason as far as I can see. They didn't have anything to do with the result of play succeeding or not. That's one thing I love about Marcus Lattimore. He completes an astonishing run and he just hands the ball to the referee. No dancing, no shrugging, no backflips. He just hands the ball to the referee. He acts as if he has been there before. Classy! As for the bantam roosters playing football, keep that crap for the farms.

In MLB I wanted the DBacks, Cards, Rays and Tigers to win. LOL. The less said the better. At the least in three of four they were only game ones and not season-enders so hope still reigns supreme.

It seems that the Habs won in Quebec City last night. Who cares as it was a meaningless exhibition game. I wonder why people pay top dollar for these games. They don't mean anything. The rosters are filled with players that won't make the team. Anyways that is sports these days. It's a revenue grab.

I think I need to get back to bed. At least it is warm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment