Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Up In The Middle Of The Night

Okay I finally gave up trying to get back to sleep at 420am after pretty much tossing and turning for the last two hours or so. I got all of three hours of sleep I think. I'm pretty sure that I am not going to be very effective later in the day. Coffee is brewing and I really need to shave. I have itchy face. I don't have a big day planned as later on this morning I am heading to take an all day PowerPoint class to update my skills there. Once I complete this class, I too will be able to proceed with death by PowerPoint presentations all of my own. Oh joy!

So what to talk about as I am drinking the first of today's many coffees.

Listening to the late Bob Welch right now. Songs like "Ebony Eyes" and the beautifully played "Sentimental Lady" both from his 1977 release French Kiss which was his first solo release after leaving Fleetwood Mac in 1974.

Bob Welch had been in the band since 1971 bridging the era from their original blues roots in England when the band were all Englishmen to when he left in '74 to be replaced by the Stevie Nicks - Lindsey Buckingham tandem. It can be said that he brought a more commercial flair to the band who up that time were known as a blues band. The weird thing is that the Fleetwood Mac song called "Hypnotized" that he is most closely associated with is from 1973's Mystery To Me album was never released as a single. That really good song became well known from it being played on album oriented rock stations. I think in this day and age of disposable music and the iTune mentality which is geared towards singles more than actual albums of music; a great song like this may have never seen the light of day or been heard. It still gets tons of airplay and nearly 40 years later it still feels fresh.

Sadly Bob Welch passed away at 65 early last month after taking his own life. He had major health issues related to some spinal surgery he had a few months prior and didn't want his wife to care for an invalid. Sad.

Wow H is up already. He needs to be at the store for 6am. Today is when the prices change on the sale items and he is the lucky one that has to handle that in the produce section. He is so not a morning person. I'm impressed as this week with his manager off on vacation, he's had the early shift and he's been up and at 'em without fail all week. My young man is definitely growing up fast.


So yesterday on my way into work I once again had the opportunity to be stuck behind a complete moron of a driver on an effing cellphone as we were trying to merge on northbound 85. First of all, who the eff are you talking to at 745am on your cellphone? You just left the effing house a little bit ago. There can't be emergency already! Are you talking to your lover? Are you cheating on your wife? Are you placing bets with your bookie on the MLB AllStar game? Are you solving issues related to the production being down because you're Albert Effin Einstein? This is what goes through my head when I am stuck behind someone trying to merge onto the highway where everyone is going 60 to 70 mph and Mr. Moron OnTheCellphone is driving 40 mph. Sorry Einstein but that just isn't going to work. Sadly I live in a state where seatbelt safety rules were only put into law in the last 5-6 years. I expect cellphone safety laws to be enacted in the year 2084 in this state. The argument against all of these laws that better society is some hogwash about trampling on individual rights. It's effing retarded. Sorry I am cranky when thinking about dumbasses and their lack of reasoning and common sense. LOL. Okay time to switch the subject. Onto to serene things. Ha.

Actually I'm going to make breakfast and log on to my work computer and catch up on emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment