Monday, July 9, 2012

Darn Mondays

So I made it through this ridiculously hot Monday (high of 95F) with my sanity intact. It started right off the bat as a typical effed up Monday. I had completely forgotten that I had chauffeur duties for one of my co-workers so rather than have my usual impeccably groomed Monday look I showed up with 5 days growth on my face and let's say 10 day growth on my head where hair follicles still exist.

Let me clear up one thing up. I am never clean shaven on Mondays. I sleep so badly on a typical Sunday night due to stress and an overactive brain that I rarely get myself up in time to shave properly and show up before 9am.


Before I get to far ahead in this blog I would like to note that I am listening to Marillion (the Fish years) as I typed these words of wonder. LOL. I am listening to tracks from their first 4 albums released between 1983 and 1987. Songs like Kayleigh, Lavender, Garden Party, Assassing and He Knows You Know. Classic British prog rock songs under 8 minutes each.

So I got myself on the road for about 745 which is early for me for the 10-mile or so drive to work with a small detour to pick-up my co-worker. On my way there I realized I was as Jackson Browne once sang "Running On Empty" so an unscheduled stop had to be made. I wonder what happened in the last 3-4 days for gas prices to jump 20 cents a gallon to almost $3. Did someone pass gas in the Middle East. Ha very punny! I kind of liked last week's $2.79 a gallon. It wasn't costing $50 to fill up. Too good to last I guess.

Anyways made it into work and for the first half of the day there were only two of us in the department as opposed to the usual six. We've been five actually for the last four months. Suffice to say that what I planned on doing today quickly went out the window as I spent my day jumping from one issue to another. The day zipped by at least and before you know it I was back on the road to Simpsonville and my humble abode.


Supper was a quick re-heat of the penne pasta with hot italian sausage in a cream sauce that I prepared late last night. I had made lots so there was some to bring over to J's house for AJC to have. It gave me the opportunity to check up on Princess (the hyperactive german shepherd) as well on J's plants. I have water duty on the plants for the next couple of weeks. I did my job well tonight. Kudos to TC. I think Princess now knows to stay away (very far away) when I have a hose in my hand. LOL.


On my way back home I stopped in at H's store and to get some veggies for tomorrow. Tomorrow is chicken fajitas. H put in his request and said that I hadn't made that in a while. Darn I will have to use the wok tomorrow and not the grill. I'm sure I can grill it but it may be more work so "Wok With Yan" I will be tomorrow. How's that for an obscure Canadian reference from a CBC show hosted by Stephen Yan from 1980 to 1982? I am living in the early 80s on some of these recent blogs. Ha.

That's it for now. The Home Run Derby is on from beautiful Kaufman Stadium and it is time for french vanilla ice cream. I was at the K last summer for Rangers-Royals game and it really is a beautiful ballpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment