Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm Cranky This Morning...

I woke up cranky this morning as I fell asleep on the couch. I really need to stop doing that. The couch isn't long enough for me. LOL. It's at least six inches too short for me to be sleeping comfortably on it.

I heard the garage door opening as H was on his way to work this morning at about twenty to seven. That's what woke me up. It was that or the Bosley Hair commercial that was running promising real hair growth. I have real hair growing just not where I want to grow. It's growing in my ears and the nape of my neck. I need it in the middle of head please and thank you. I hope the hair gawds are listening.


Just having my 1st coffee and read J's email from Aberdeen. She's onto find some more castles today to take great pictures of as proof that she was there. The scenery looks absolutely spectacular though she mentioned that yesterday was the first day in over a week that the sun made an appearance. That would be kind of gloomy being in cloudy-land. I like seeing the sun though it gets effing hot here in July.

I brought Princess out for a walk at Cleveland Park yesterday and even if it wasn't as hot as it has been recently, I just about melted after about 40 minutes or so. I actually got off the paved pathways and walked on the footpaths among the trees (forest) as there was lots of shade there. Princess seemed to like that part. She was sniffing at the ground like mad. She is getting better though on these walks. The leash was semi-loose most of the time so we were walking in stride.

My plan for today is to find a good marinade for a london broil cut of beef that I have to grill for H and I later today.

I need to get outside on the Muslim side of my house and take care of the dandelions that are growing like mad. I've decided that I now have a Muslim side of the house in honor of Mo the Chrysler dealer to my right and I have a Baptist side of the house in honor of Carolyn the real estate agent to my left. My house sitting square in the middle would be the Agnostic/Atheist house in the middle. This is in honor of me being the first A and H being the second A.


Oh cool song came on. The Boomtown Rats singing "Someone's Looking At You" from their epic breakthrough album Fine Art of Surfacing in 1979. Used to hear this album tons at Vanier Cegep when I would pass by the green room there on my way back from a class to get to my locker area where we often hung out to smoke and listen to music. You know what makes a song classic is that after thirty years you still remember the lines, the chorus, the part where the cheesy organ comes in and the part that goes "whoa oh oh oh". I heart this song. Ugh. I use the heart lingo. How gay! Uh oh I am not being politically correct there. I should probably correct it but I can't think of the word that I could use there instead of the g word. Perhaps I should use "how hetero". LOL.



I caught some of the Giants-Astros highlights from last night. The Lincecum of old was back for last night's game at least. 114 pitches over 8 innings. 75 strikes. 11 Ks 1 BB. 0 ERs. It's something to see him pitch when he is on his game. All limbs a flailing, the surfer hair and the oomph on his pitches when he is on is pretty darn impressive. It's too bad that some shoddy defense prevented him from getting the W. The catcher for the Giants and the battery for the the Dodgers last night looked Bad News Bears like. It was funny to see back to back highlights of those non-web gems as ESPN would likely say it.

One of the reasons why I am cranky is after reading a story on the Joe Paterno statue in front of Beaver Stadium on the Canoe website. It mentions that the school's trustees don't want to offend students and alumni that still love Paterno despite the Freeh report that concluded that Paterno was involved in the cover-up of the Sandusky child sexual abuse case. The trustees don't want to rush into a decision. I for one think that it is absolutely atrocious that they don't have the balls to do the right thing. Paterno sure as hell didn't. The football program was more important to him than doing the right thing.

A measure of a man or a woman as one or as a group is how we stand in opposition to those that do evil. Child sex abuse is evil. Physical abuse of a parent to a child, an adult to a child, a child to an adult, a man to a woman etc. is evil. Racism is evil. Genocides that have occurred and that continue to occur are evil. It's black and white. There's no grey here. There can not be inaction. Evil actions have to be brought into the light and their perpetrators exposed for what they are. No quarter given.

Hopefully the trustees in a short enough amount of time will make the right decision.

Okay glad I vented about that. It upset me seeing that story. Kind of obvious isn't it. Oh well. Time for me to do some housework I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment