Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Laundry, Nats Game & Blogging

Well I didn't do any laundry this morning so as I am listening on my Nats against the Mets on ESPN, I have a load of shirts tossing and turning, splishing and asplashing as I type these words of whatever. Could be wisdom. Could be humor. Think it will as a whatever though.

Beverage of choice right now is Boston Lager. H put a dent into my Newcastle Summer Ale stash. Darn the prodigal son at times.


I had leftover fajitas for supper tonight. I had marinated a top roast or london broil the other day in a mix of teriyaki sauce (out of soy hence the voluble sauce), garlic, vegetable oil, ketchup and oregano all in an effort to tenderize a cheap cut of meat. It turned out pretty well. Once I grilled it, I sliced it against the grain to have some beef fajitas. I had prepped some tomatoes from the vine along with a spanish onion along with some freshly chopped cilantro. What a pain it is to de-stem cilantro. The only reason I continue to do it because that herb adds so much to a dish. It's an effing pain to prep though. I only had a couple pitas left in the pantry. I think I have to hit a speciality food store to find some. I've only seen tortillas lately and I like the wrap to be a little thicker hence the need for pita as opposed to PETA. All in all they were very good. I need to get better at slicing the meat though. A little thinner would be even better I think.

While eating supper I had MLB on and they were carrying the extra innings game out of Chavez Ravine with the Dodgers hosting the Phillies. The Phils are 13.5 games out of first. Wow. That's unreal. A lot of Phillies fan will say it's because of injuries but there isn't too many teams that don't have the same complaint. My Nats have been without Morse, Zimmerman, Ramos, Werth, Storen among others suffering the day to day stuff that goes on in a 162 game schedule.


The reason why I brought up the Dodgers game though is because Vin Scully was doing the play by play as he always does for Dodgers home games. He has been the voice of the Dodgers for 63 years. That's incredible. It's a joy to listen to him describe what is going on the field. He does both the play by play and color commentary on these TV games and his voice is in good stead still at the age of 84. Man he also has a great head hair. I'm jealous. Great job and great hair. Ha.

The only bad thing he had going for the last couple of years was working for the classless parking lot owner of the Dodgers until earlier this year.


That being Frank McCourt who ranks right up there with Jeffrey Loria (ex-Expos current Marlins owner) as owners who have defiled once proud franchises with their tawdry business dealings. McCourt had the gall to send out job evaluation surveys on the Dodgers radio and TV broadcasters as if he is dealing with people on the Family Feud. What an effing numbnut. Just goes to show that you can have money but be totally classless.

I couldn't be happier that after swindling or blackmailing Florida local governments for free taxpayer money to build Marlins Park or whatever the eff it is called that now Loria may be instructing his management team to have another fire sale of their best players so that he can suck some more dinero out of the revenue sharing pie that the other teams put in.

I didn't agree with the late George Steinbrenner on much but he saw this BS scam that some of the owners pull off to line their own pockets with this revenue share thing. Loria is Selig's buddy though so he won't get called out on it. Now Loria is stuck with the loose cannon Ozzie Guillen as his manager who can be the main topic of one of my future blogs for his some mindless episodes like praising the Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

Jeffrey Loria is the same jackass that tried to fire Joe Girardi back in 2006 when as the manager of the Marlins, Girardi told Loria to shut the heck up as he was sitting behind the dugout and heckling the umpire. Loria acted so badly that the umpire warned Girardi about his owner's behaviour. Girardi told him to can it and Loria went psychotic on him and wanted to fire Girardi after the game. Girardi stayed through the end of the year but got fired by Loria at the end of the year. Funny thing Girardi won manager of the year in 2006 after leading the Marlins to compete for the NL wild card with by far the lowest payroll in baseball. Like I said class and Loria not words that are seen together too often in a sentence.


Loria and his son in law David Samson have managed to be zeroes for over ten years in the Montreal columnist Jack Todd's list of heroes and zeroes. He screwed over baseball in Montreal in the early 2000s and somehow managed to pull the wool over people's eyes in south Florida since 2002.

Well this blog went "nasty" but quick. LOL. Time to put down the keyboard and seek serenity. LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment