Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tuesday/Wednesday Ramblings From TC

Well it's not yet 4am and I've been up for a half hour or so and awake for at least an hour. I was expecting to be awake at this time as H was starting work at 4am today for the grand re-opening of the 3rd incarnation of our local Food Lion. They're implementing a new marketing strategy to compete with the big boys from Bentonville, Arkansas at least in the grocery field.


I say more power to the little guys on the block. They're bringing in some lower prices which hopefully will convince more shoppers to come into their modern, clean and well-lit store. I know that they have Walmart beat hands down in regards to the produce and meat department. I trust the food that I get in this store which is a lot more than I can say for the same products at that store on Grandview. That store is not exactly a bastion of cleanliness and the less said about the front of the store employees the better it is.

Okay I didn't mean to get off on this tangent this morning but it doesn't take much for me to go anti-Walmart at the best of times. LOL. If I want to be surrounded by cheap and potentially dangerous Chinese-made products, I'll move the eff to China. Instead I will stand by my local owned and operated stores and by those stores that I trust the products and the people even if it means a few extra dollars out of my pocket. Standing by principles is something a lot of us can do a lot more of in this day and age. It isn't all about keeping up with the Jones and effing your neighbor. Life isn't a Price is Right episode.

Okay onto coffee number two already. I think I feel better today. I had the beginnings of a summer cold the last couple of days. Lots of sneezing, drippy nose and scratchy throat. Not the best feelings to have in almost 90 degree humid weather.



J's going to be back late Friday night after being in Aberdeen, Scotland and I convinced her via Skype that we will drive up to Boardman, Ohio for a family reunion of sorts that is being held up there. There will be over 50 members of her father's side of the family meeting up in a family restaurant late Saturday afternoon. This is the 4th annual such gathering and is being organized by her uncle I believe. It's only a 600 mile drive there so that's like a walk in the park compared to my drives up to Montreal or Barrie, Ontario or Pictou County, NS when my Mom was still alive.

Still listening to Deep Tracks on 97.1 the Drive out of Chicago this morning. They just played a cool version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Todd Rundgren followed by "Sandy" by Bruce Springsteen. Ugh now it is James Taylor. Really not a fan of his. I can listen to his ex-wife Carly Simon anytime and in fact I have a greatest CD of hers in the car in music rotation these days. She is sharing time with Walter Rossi, Dream Theater, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin and George Michael. Can it get more eclectic than that? Possibly but I don't listen to rap is crap of hip hop I am not original music.

Okay that's it for now. I'm going to do some laundry, pay bills, drive the cat crazy and possibly bark at the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment