Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Morning Coffee Thoughts...




Is there anything better than the smell of fresh brewed coffee? I just came back from dropping H at work and came back into the house just as the coffee I prepared a few minutes ago had just finished brewing. It was a welcoming aroma as I walked in the door and had to avoid Jynx/Jinx who parked herself next to the door leading to the garage. I think she thinks of herself as a guard cat. The thing is that the only way that she will scare people away is when she embarks on one her sneezing jags when she sneezes twenty or thirty times in a row. It's something to see.

Wow coffee number one is gone already. I needed it to warm me up I guess. It is colder out there than I expected especially when my skinny legs met up with cooler temps out there than I thought would be.

Last night I grilled some chicken and veggies using a real simple recipe. A little bit of sea salt, cracked black pepper and vegetable oil to season the chicken along with a couple of green peppers sliced up along with a red onion. I finally bought one of those grill things for veggies. Hmmmm. I know it isn't called a grill thing. It isn't called a basket though that would be a good descriptor for it. Nevertheless you chop veggies in strips, add a little oil drop in the grill thingee and the put on grill and presto fresh veggies. LOL.

I went to Walmart yesterday. Gawd I hate that store but I needed several things for the house and I didn't feel like going to different stores to get them. This is what basket looked like when I was at the register. I had the grill thingee, gas can for the lawn mower, a package of swai fillets, coffee and a mixed case of Mexican beer. The young lady at the register asked me for identication for the beer purchase. It's like oh goodness gracious nevermind. I've been down that road before. Suffice to say that I am 50 yrs. old and I don't look under 21. They have sign there reserving the right to question those up to 40 if they may look under 21. I'm sorry that policy is effing insane. Okay I guess vented. LOL. I can't help it.

Last thing on the grocery order. Those swai fillets. I have no idea what swai is but it was attractively priced so I figured I can try it and if I don't like I will toss the rest out. I just googled it. It is a form of catfish. Typically the cheaper variety comes from Southeast Asia. I guess that's what I bought. Going to look for a recipe for it this week and see what happens.

Okay that's it for now. Typing about food has made me hungry for breakfast. Time to eat a bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment