Sunday, December 8, 2013

State of the Marc (12/08/13).....

Hard to believe that Christmas is only two and a half weeks away and then before you know it 2014 is here and 2013 is just a memory. It does seem at times that as one gets older that time just flies by. Yes I know that isn't really the case but it does seem that way.

I think it is a culmination of 9 hour work days, an hour or so driving to and from work along with errand runs thrown in and then settling things down to make supper. Before you know it is 8pm and you are just beginning to unwind from your day. Some nights involve tedious and mundane housework tasks. Other nights include watching a Habs game with Harrison. Other nights may have a nap involved in trying to replenish the sleep bank. Before you know it is bedtime. That may be 11pm or midnight or even 1am depending on the day. Repeat that four or five days and nights and weeks really roll on by quick. LOL. It sure didn't seem like that when I was in my 20s or 30s.

Started off the day to rain coming down quite hard with temps just above freezing. Not exactly a rip roaring start to the day.

One of those days that you take a quick look outside and decide hmm perhaps staying in bed bundled under the covers with a steady stream of Kahlua coffees and a good book to read and catching up on 31 games of Words With Friends that I have going sounds like a perfect way to start the day. Toss in listening "Building Blocks of Rock" with Sharon Hyland on CHOM out of Montreal and that describes how I spent my Sunday morning. Breakfast and lunch consisted of a banana, some blueberries and two bowls of cabbage chicken soup I made on Friday night. Hint to self: don't use red cabbage in a soup as the color bleeds. LOL.

I finished reading "The Last Man" by the late Vince Flynn. I enjoy reading his Mitch Rapp books. They remind of Jack Bauer character on Fox's 24 which is probably the last episodic TV show I have watched faithfully.That means I haven't really watched network TV since 2010. Hmm. Seems that my TV is stuck on baseball, hockey, cooking shows and the Smithsonian channel. I guess I am not the advertiser's target market. Ha!

Well almost 1pm. I guess I should get productive. LOL. Peace out rock'n'rollers and hangers on.

No comments:

Post a Comment