Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another Rainy Day In The Upstate (12/22/13)...

So we have had a really dreary day here in the Upstate with a heavy downpour around noon. Warm temps in the 60s but constant rain. How effing annoying. It was coming down so hard that it awoke me from my nap. LOL. That's what happens when I wake up at 5am. Before you know it I will need a nap to get through the day.

I had a couple of my special coffees and had started reading my latest Randy Wayne White novel "The Man Who Invented Florida" when BooBoo Dammit decided to come and cuddle in the crook of my arm as I was reading. Given that she had marked her eminent domain territory on my arm I decided to close my eyes for a minute or two. Ha. That became about an hour and I only awoke because of the racket the rain was making out on the roof of the back deck.

Since then I have been puttering around the house cleaning up while listening to MC Rock Hits. Housecleaning is definitely not my favorite activity. Off white carpets. Good Gawd that color scheme does not work with two men and two dark haired cats in the house. It looks clean for about five minutes and that's it!

I made a wonderful salad for lunch with two kinds of lettuce (romaine and iceberg), roma tomatoes, green and yellow zucchini cut in razor thin slivers, red onion, green peppers, kale, whole wheat croutons and a Greek salad dressing. I should have taken a picture of the salad. The colors were wonderful. All shades of green with some red and yellow interspersed. It was yum. I had a Dos Equis Ambar with a lime wedge placed in the neck of the bottle and that upped the taste factor big-time.

I guess I need to get back to work. Peace out Midnight Oils fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment