Friday, September 16, 2011

This and that...


So this is going to be a this and that blog as I wait for the ibuprofen to kick in to help alleviate the pain in my right hamstring and buttock. Getting older has not been easy for me especially since I packed on the pounds after quitting smoking almost a year and a half ago. My sciatic nerve is killing me.

Not smoking has been great. The one sense that really has returned is my sense of smell. While this is a good thing when around a nice or pleasant aroma; it really bites when that isn't the case though. I've realized how bad smokers smell. I never ever noticed when I smoked what I smelled like but I can now imagine what it was like. Everytime a smoker gets on the elevator at work I have a holy eff moment. LOL. That used to be me I think as I edge as far away as I can inconspicuously. Ugh.

Don't get me started on restrooms smells. LOL. Okay that is not the most intellectual comment that I have ever made. Far from it. Though it is very valid. Publc restroom smells are hmmmmm gross! Trying to think of a better word but I couldn't.

"Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys just came on my CD player. Man that is an amazing song. The beat. The sounds. The harmonies. The weird lyrics. The electro-theremin. The electro-theremin you say. That was a trivia question this week. Didn't get that answer right. I knew what the trivia guy was referring to but I had no idea what the instrument was called. Here's a good did you know question. Who played guitar on the original version of the song? Hint #1. He was involved with Tanya Tucker for awhile. Hint #2 for those that don't know Tanya Tucker (LOL). He sang about cowboys that liked gaudy jewelry. Hint #3 is that he had a show on CBS I believe back in his heyday with the "good time" hour in the title. Okay the last hint really sucks as it may not even be factually correct. That almost sounds like everything that is stated at a GOP debate in 2011. Strike down hint #3. Hint #2 should have identified Glen Campbell. If it didn't I could have mentioned that annoying "Southern Nights" song. Southern nights, oh southern nights. Oh STFU song. Dang that song is annoying. "Good Vibrations" on the other hand is simply effing amazing. Pardon my French. Hehe. Darn that song came out in 1966 when I was 4 years old. Simply effin amazing. Hmmmm. Are we going to be referring to Bruno Mars songs in the year 2056? Somehow I doubt that. Tell you what though. When I am 94 I will write a blog about a Bruno Mars song. I just hope that in 2056 my sciatic nerve won't be hurting anymore. Typing 2056 as a year is really really weird. Those ibuprofens have kicked in! LOL.

The CD that I am listening to is great. It is one of my mixed ones. I'm going to blog about that next. I already have in the past when I used to blog on MySpace. Why oh why didn't I keep my 250 blogs saved somewhere? I could have replastered this space with my blatherings about this and that and the other thing. Oh well I can rewrite most of those I guess. O:). That is supposed to be a smiley face. Doesn't quite look that way.

Damn my Nationals lost toinght to the Marlins. They could lose to any other team; just don't lose to Loria's team. Grrr. Don't get me started on that man along with his son-in-law that played a large role in the disappearance of my beloved Montreal Expos. They got shut out for the 14th time this year. Tied for 2nd most in MLB. Probably tied with the Padres and behind the Giants. Padres another 1969 team. They made it to a World Series though at least. My Expos slash Nats still waiting.

Oh wait Black Sabbath "Trashed" just came on the CD player. WTF is that song about? These lyrics are weird. I have to find them online now and blog about this CD that I am listening to tonight. Back in a few with a new blog.

This and that. Over and out. I think the ibuprofen have kicked in. I am not making too much sense am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment