Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meanderings In My Head...


So last night I headed downtown to Main Street Fridays and met up with my buddy from back home. I decided as I was driving on 385 to take the Laurens Rd. exit and come up via Richardson St. to get to the free parking lot. Unfortunately with my sense of direction; it didn't exactly work out that way. LOL. I really have no sense of direction. I am not even sure if Richardson crosses Laurens or Stone Rd. I know that Main St. does. Perhaps I was supposed to take that street to get to or near Richardson. I did manage to get there but it took me an extra 10 minutes.

Last night was probably the last time I'm heading down to Main St. Fridays this year as their season is ending next Friday. The bands that they have had the last couple times I have been have not been that great. Both of the them were 60s-70s beach music bands and the repertoires were quite similar. For some reason K.C. and the Sunshine Band's "Boogie Shoes" is real popular down here. I don't get the attraction at all. I remember K.C being real popular on AM radio (CKGM back in Montreal) but "Boogie Shoes" was not one of the songs that they played. If they did it was immediately forgettable as I don't remember it.

Lots of people downtown last night. Young and old. Great for people watching. The nice thing is that at 9pm it is still super comfortable to be outside.

Heading back home around 9pm or so last night. Didn't do the usual eat out thing. I headed to the Zone for a couple of beers and bumped into the St. Louis Cardinal fan that I had been talking with on Wednesday night after trivia. On Wednesday things were looking good for the Cards in their chase for the wild card slot in the NL. By about 1030pm yesterday that had changed for the worst.

Firstly they blew a 6-2 9th inning lead on Thursday to the lowly Mets. So instead of being 1 game out they were two games. Then last night they lost to the Cubbies while the Braves beat my Nationals. That brought their deficit to 3 games with 5 to play. Luckily for them the Nats won earlier today as Chien-Ming Wang pitched a great game and Carlos Marmol self-destructed in the 9th inning against the Cards. Braves lead is back down to 2 games with 4 games to go. It will make for some scoreboard watching.

It's Sunday morning now as I type. I kind of forgot about the meanderings yesterday afternoon. LOL. I have to ask a question now. Not that I am expecting any answers. But what gives with neck tattoos? Who decided these things look cool? Yesterday I saw Yadier Molina (Cards catcher) at the plate and he had these tattoos on the back side of his neck. Not sure what they were. Not that it really makes a difference. I wonder what that will look like when he is 75 yrs. old? Kind of a like a woman getting something on her boobs I guess. Unless of course the picture gets clearer as gravity goes. LOL. Tattoo technology.

What's on the agenda today? I have to shave. I look like crap. More hair on my face than on my head. Now that isn't much of an accomplishment mind you. Just stating facts. Going to do some work work. Going to do some laundry. Going to grill some chicken for supper tonight. Going to have more coffee! LOL. That is the first thing I am going to do. More coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment