Sunday, November 20, 2011

Things That Make Me Go Hmmm...


I really wanted to use WTF instead of Hmmm but I self-edited myself. I was driving back home this morning and someone's driving in front of me got me thinking on the WTF topic so here goes a list in no particular orders of things that make me go hmmm or wtf.

- Hip hop music?
- All the infomercials for bras all of a sudden?
- 3rd down and 27 or some yardage amount like that and using a running play as the best option to pick up the necessary amount for a 1st down?
- Lady Gaga? Justin Bieber? Pretty much anything in today's top 40?
- Listening to music on your cellphone?
- Watching a movie on your cellphone? Cinematographers must really be WTFing to that!
- SC allowing carte blanche cellphone usage while driving?
- Grits?
- Drivers that are turning right but first go left as if they are on a bank curve in a Nascar race? Drivers that do the same turning left but going right first?
- Cafeteria running out of coffee at 1230pm?
- Dunkins Donuts in Greenville closing at 7 or 8pm?
- Gas Prices?
- Gasoline with 10% ethanol? Less mileage and ineffective use of subsidies!
- Pretty much any Republican at any level of government?
- Glass of beer costing $5 at Fitzpatricks? I'm only buying one not the darn 6-pack!
- Places that advertise $2 bottle specials for domestics and then finding out that Yuengling must be a Chinese beer to these dodos?
- People that speed up crossing at intersections when the light is red? They were driving 25mph all along and all of sudden they gun it to 45mph!
- Pimples at 49 yrs. old?
- My metabolism or lack thereof?
- Feet-eye coordination at red lights?
- Skinny fries at McDonalds and pretty much everywhere else here in G'ville?
- Pre-salted or seasoned fries and not having a choice in the matter at restaurants down here?
- Coffeemate creamers at gas stations? Yuck! Double yuck!
- Chewing tobacco? People walking around with clear plastic bottles of the stuff that they are spittingout?
- Accuradio not having the OzRock station anymore?
- Misses when I am trying a new recipe? LOL. Though the results can be more comical than anything else!
- Christmas music in November?
- Weather on the 4s? On the 7s? Do we really need weather updates every ten minutes? We need traffic updates every ten minutes. Real-time traffic updates!
- Lack of sidewalks everywhere here?
- Having an off-white carpet?
- American sweetgum trees and their gumballs in the fall?
- Driving behind people on cellphones? LOL. Can you tell I hate cellphones in cars?

Okay that's it for now. I am sure that others will come to mind but I have to clean the kitchen, do a load or two of laundry and make a meat sauce for H's supper tonight so off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment