Monday, November 8, 2010

It is what it is ...Part II

So when I last left off I was babbling away about Sushi Koji in downtown Greenville. I mentioned that I was going to continue on that blog subject and then as it typically happens I got busy doing things and never got back to finishing that blog. Now here I am a week later and my thought process isn't exactly where it was last week. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Our thinking after all is supposed to evolve. The thing is that the events of last week have made me angry somewhat.

Seeing the country go back to the GOP after only two years of a Democratic majority is tough on my morale. The GOP scare me! Any pretense of this party representing all of the American population quickly disappears when you read a roll call of the people that were elected under their banner. They pretty much only represent the interests of the haves and the haves that want more and more.

I am by no means an expert on the political process here but after watching the Dems basically screw up over the last two years by watering down every single piece of legislation that they tried to pass. They did this by either kowtowing to Republican representatives that had no intention of ever working with the Dems or by attaching idiotic and wasteful earmarks to some of their legislation which guaranteed failure in the midterms.

They had the chance to promote their agenda that would help a majority of the populace but at every turn they did not stick to their guns. They beseeched the opposition. They kowtowed. They bent over backwards. They did not remember the motto which so many people believed in 2008. What became of "yes we can?" I believed those eight letters and what it meant in 2008.

Why and how did the Cantors, Boehners and McConnells of this country manage in two short years to bring us back to the precipice of the same dumbass, lame and pretty much irresponsible governing that got us involved in two wars and the worst economic crisis since the great depression. Yeah let's now provide more vouchers for private schools. Let's keep those tax breaks for the rich. They need it after all. Let's get rid of the inheritance tax. Let's bring the government to a standstill.

Geez depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment