Sunday, October 31, 2010

It is what it is!!!

So here I am on a Sunday night about to ramble on about the things that I find interesting tonight. Some of this might make sense to some of the people that read my ramblings. I daresay however that most of this will be gobbledygook to most. Anwways here I am about to ramble as Mr. Plant said way back when. Just in case you didn't know the lyric went "ramble on, and now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song."

In the late afternoon Jackie and I went on what the Scots call a walkabout in downtown Greenville. This town is pretty dang weird on late Sunday afternoons. Half of the places we passed had the lights out denoting the fact that Sundays are not revenue producing days I guess. Being a finance person of sorts I kind of find that hard to believe. I am pretty sure that if you advertise properly your place of business in downtown Greenville would be doing some decent numbers on most Sundays. I think that there are now enough of us northerners here now to give you a viable reason to open the doors.

There were several places that we passed by earlier tonight that I think all they need is some decent marketing and they would be generating $$$ on Sundays. I think if you give the people a reason to be in or to come to downtown G'ville on a Sunday you almost have a license to print greenbacks. I volunteered 3 weeks ago at "Fall for Greenville" on a Sunday and I know what I speak of in this case I believe.

Nevertheless Red and I stopped at "Spill the Beans" for a great cup of coffee. (P.S.Don't forget your Biscotti tomorrow Babe!) We then walked across the bridge and Red offered her picture taking services for a couple of lovebirds with their really, really cute daughter. We then visited with my relatives from way up north. Okay they were only Canadian geese but nevertheless it was nice seeing some ex-pats around. Smiles.

Anyways we ended up at a great sushi place afterwards on the corner of N. Main St. called Sushi Koji. We had been there before with two couples and had a great meal as well as a great time. Tonight Jackie (aka Red) and I stopped in on our own and sat at the sushi bar. It was great seeing the artistry in making and serving a sushi roll. Jackie had a few laughs watching me trying to add wasabi to my roll of choice. Using chopsticks is definitely not my forte. Then again until about a year ago I had never ever tried to use them as a utensil to eat with. LOL. Laughing at my usage of chopsticks and using the word with to end a sentence. LOL.

Gonna continue this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment