Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simpsonville Speed Traps r Us


So I've been living here in Simpsonville for a little over a year now and it seems that not a day goes by that I do not see the Simpsonville PD hiding either on Neely Ferry Rd., or Barker Rd. or West Georgia Rd. trying to catch someone going 10 mph over the speed limit so that they can enrich Simpsonville coffers. I am all for enforcing speed limits however seeing a speed limit of 40 mph on a four lane road that has lots of downhill driving, zero pedestrian traffic and almost no residential housing straddling the roadway looks like a blatant cash grab to me. I don't think doing 50 mph between Neely Ferry Rd. and I385 on West Georgia Rd. is one of the main reasons SC has lousy driving stats.

Perhaps if the PD would take a look at the drivers totally preoccupied with their cellphones (usually texting from what I see) or those not using any turn signals at all or those going through red lights as if they don't exist because they were already halfway through the light being parked there waiting for traffic to pass. You know those with the real right of way! Perhaps then our stats would improve. Perhaps then I would feel safer driving here. Then maybe I would not look at the PD interested in only filling some quota and instead of actually making the roads safer. Does this make any sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment