Sunday, November 18, 2012

This & That Sunday Morning Version


So I have the coffee brewing, a load of laundry in the washer and the vocal stylings of Shirley Manson and Garbage telling me "not to worry baby" on the player. I decided to go random on my You Tube player this morning and started it off on the last few hundred songs in my favorite list. I figure this way I will get some stuff playing that I haven't heard in a while. So it started with Garbage and now I have the band Live playing a concert version from Belgium of "Lakini's Juice" from 2003. My head is bopping to the beat of the drums. Blood rush alert! Blood rush alert!



Okay back from getting my first coffee of the day. Things go better with coffee! That should be a slogan on a t-shirt that one wears in the morning. Darby Mills and the Headpins are now playing "Don't It Make You Feel" from 1982. Another trip in the way back music machine in Schlewing's World.


Now on the player is the Foo Fighters doing a live version in Sydney back in 2002 of "Everlong". This version is the hard-rocking version as originally released back in 1997 and not the splendid acoustic version from 2006's "Skin and Bones" CD. Probably the definitive Foo Fighters song. Classic stuff.


So anyways yesterday I was rather productive. I worked in the front of the house for a while mowing leaves and setting up some mulch piles around the two Bradford pear trees that I have out front.

I did a couple loads of laundry of which one is waiting to be folded still. LOL. All my white t-shirts. I at least hung up the other load which consisted of shirts and pants eliminating the need to iron them. Ironing ranks right up there with cleaning showers as my least favorite household tasks to do.

The Wallflowers "One Headlight" from 1997 now playing. Darn good song!

I then decided that I should straighten up the garage. My two car garage was rapidly filling up to the point where soon I would be parking my car outside with the amount of stuff that was building up everywhere.


Things like a lawnmower that died. An old edger that worked twice until I burnt it out one day. A leaf blower that never worked given to me by a neighbor. A broken down wall unit that may be older than H. A metal foot stool that could be used as a lethal weapon. Months and months of newspapers waiting to be sorted to have their puzzles set aside for future boredom days. That pile had gotten to the point that I couldn't put anything else on the desk. A broken kitchen chair or two. And on and on it went.

I looked up the local recycling place and it turns out to be less than 4 miles away. So I loaded up the "trunk" space in my Sorento and off I was with the old metal scrap or "crap" to the recycling center. I asked the city worker on-site what they do with the stuff and he told me that they sell the metal stuff to recyclers and the money is added to the general revenues coffer to try to keep taxes lower. That sounds like a good deal to me.

Just getting rid of that stuff freed up quite a bit of room. Next week's run will have all the old wood pieces related to the wall units. I have to break them down so that I can transport them.

H finished work around 3pm yesterday and he wanted me to run him over to the Craft Beer store up on Fairview Rd. so off we went to get some "good" beers. I didn't get any as I had already done a Green's run last week and had some Dos Equis Ambers, Harp's and Fat Tires in the house.

We ended up stopping in at Wild Oats for a quick bite around 430 or so. I can't say that I was impressed by their beefy nachos. It was a messy dish with an overabundance of nacho cheese. Like way too effin' much cheese. The jalapenos were vinegary. I prefer fresh ones. H got a burrito and he likened it something that you get at Taco Bell. Hmmm I spent $8 or $9 on a Taco Bell-like burrito. That isn't good! I will say though that they have some great beer choices on tap. I had an Arrogant Bastard and a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Excellent beers.


Got back home and I went through about 75% of the newspapers late in the afternoon and early evening and have added another hundred or so of crossword puzzles to do one day. LOL. I said to H that I should start on them one day or people may think I am a hoarder. I'm going to finish off the sorting after I finish this blog.

The garage is starting to look better. More space that's for sure. I'm going to buy some sort of floor cleaner. My car was leaking oil a while back and there's an area that looks rather iffy at best.

Just finishing off coffee number two. Brought H to work. Time to get busy or as Ed Schultz on MSNBC says "let's get to work". LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment