Friday, November 16, 2012

This And That



So here I am typing away on early Friday evening while I am being serenaded by the hard-rocking pipes of one Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden. I am in a head-banging mood right now. Started off with the "Flight of Icarus" which led to "Hallowed Be Thy Name" leading into "The Trooper" live from Tokyo. True balls to the wall vocals, guitar shredding and the oh so powerful drumming Nicko McBrain. What a cool name for a heavy metal drummer. Definitely not in the mood for Phil Collins right now. Ha!

My plan this weekend is to be super-productive around the house. I have to fix the toilet in H's bathroom as water seems to be leaking. Just got the water bill to prove it as it 2.5 times higher than usual. Like I have money to flush down the toliet. Pardon the pun. I gave myself an opening there. I should come clean here. I will buy the part to fix in the bathroom but my construction engineer to be son will fix that important piece of porcelain. I would likely hurt myself using a screwdriver or wrench.

I have a load of whites going in the washer and after I finish this quick blog I'm going to prep some chicken breasts Greek-style for some grilling tomorrow for souvlakis.

A live version of Styx's "Crystal Ball" with the Cleveland Contemporary Youth

Orchestra just came on. This version is great. Actually any version of that song is great. Definitely in my top three Styx songs ever.

I have lots of leaf mowing or raking to do this weekend as the never-ending dance macabre with my trees and their foliage continues. Hopefully the weather will hold out tomorrow. I have some work-work to do in my never-ending quest to make my numbers for this month-end.


Ah cool song now. The Angels and their classic hit "Marseilles" from way back in 1980. This song effin' rocks! As I type this paragraph I wonder how many people down here heard of this band. Another one of my down under bands that I seem to like so much.They were known as "Angel City" up north in Mtl. for copyright reasons and they had a couple of albums in the late 70s, early 80s that were pretty effin' good.


I was playing too much air guitar there. Now the song is over and Stephen Stills with the rest of the boys in Buffalo Springfield are singing "For What It's Worth". That song is 45 years old and is still absolutely amazing. Man oh man music is awesome.

I also have to get rid of stuff in my garage to free some space up. I have a broken down lawn mower, a leaf blower that never worked and old wall units that have seen their better days. In fact those wall units saw their better days back in the 80s when the Angels were coming out with songs like "Marseilles", "Face The Day" and "Fashion". LOL.

Weird this blog about this and that became a blog of the music I am hearing as I hunt and peck away. Time to prep some chicken and then maybe I can convince H that we go and grab a bite to eat somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment