Sunday, February 5, 2012

This & That & Meat Loaf Too


Okay I know I haven't been too prolific so far this year with my blog writing. It seems that I have been spending lots of time driving here, driving there and then driving somewhere else. Once I finish writing this blog I will be off driving once again. Back to Mauldin. Then later off to Costco on Woodruff Rd., then back to Simpsonville and so it goes.

With this blog I believe I will match the Habs win total for 2012. I will have to up my blog writing to match their loss total so far this year. These guys should be working for Canada Post or the USPS because they are mailing it since the beginning of the year. It's gotten to the point that I don't even bother checking their scores any more until the next day. That's a reflection of their play. They are playing half-assed, I will follow them half-assed. LOL.

Came back home early this morning to drive H to work and then came back to clean the kitchen a bit. I've got some cooking to do this afternoon. I finally shaved my face this morning. I hadn't in over ten days. It gets really noticeable when I have more on my chin than on the top of my head. Plus the fact that it seems like every colour of the rainbow appears in my beard after about a week. LOL.

I have a mixed CD going right now as I type this. Meat Loaf inspired me to sit down a spell and write this blog. After my shower, the opening bit with the roar of a motorcycle and the piano intro of "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I won't Do That)" came on after a Lisa-Marie Presley track as well as a Mary K. Blige track. Pretty eclectic mix I might add.

The release of the Meat Loaf song back in 1993 was a return to form for the epic type rock songs written by his long-time collaborator Jim Steinman. This song would have fit in perfectly on 1977's "Bat Out Of Hell". Radio and music company people back in '93 wanted them to cut the song down from the original 12 minute version to something more palateable like 5 minutes. Even back then they thought music lovers had the attention span of an amoeba. I don't think I have heard the short versions. I'm pretty sure I have seen the 7 and 1/2 minute video version.

I really wish people would give us more credit. Not everything needs to diluted to the length of a sound bite. This includes songs, news stories, political debates and our thought processes. We're better than that. I hope! LOL.

Back to the song now. Smile. I never knew that the original female voice on the track was a complete unknown at the time. It is a lady from northeast England named Lorraine Crosby who shows up 9 and 1/2 minutes into the song. The lady in the video was Dana Patrick and she only lip-synched her lines. In many live versions of the track you see long-time Meat Loaf touring singer Patti Russo do the female bit. She sure has the voice for it.

Oh man I just noticed the time. I have to get going. I'll type more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment