Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ramble On Is What I Do...




So earlier today I had the best intentions to be super-productive. I was going to do some laundry. Do some home-cooking. Do some work-work. Get my tax documents together.

So the reality of the thing is that I Marc Schlewing aka TC aka the Schliv was not all that productive.

I brought H to work this morning at 8. I got back home and brewed some coffee and then got onto my bank website and checked out my activity over the last couple of days and wondered where the heck 2/3 of my pay cheque went. Verizon, Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas, TD Bank (car), etc. etc. eteffincetera and I am not talking about one of the former lead singers of Chicago.

Then I decided to dedicate the next two hours of my life to reading up, catching up and following up on the only sport that matters when Germany is not playing in the World Cup. Yes boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen pitchers and catchers for my Expos slash Nationals report tomorrow. Hell Yeah!

So instead of being productive I spent half the morning reading up on baseball! Alleffinright!

I then made myself some eggs with some sliced tomatoes on the side along with some whole-wheat toast and read my Greenville News. Surprisingly the editorial page wasn't filled with GOP nonsensical commentary like it normally is. It sometimes gets to the point that I want to cancel my subscription because of that editorial page. It does help me to understand how the eff Jesse Helms represented this state. Okay getting off the sanity soapbox now. Big grin. LOL.

After that I ended up turning on the TV having every intention to put it on an alternative or classic rock station to listen to while I demonstrated superproductivityexpealishous (possible spelling error there). LOL. H left the TV on Sundance and they were running the "John Lennon vs the US" documentary and there went my productivity at 10am. Fascinating documentary. You would have thought that Nixon had more important matters to attend to back then. Interesting what people in power think is important.

After that show I discovered that WGN was running back to back to back "Law and Order - Criminal Intent" episodes. Well three hours of my life were spent watching that show. I never watched it when it was originally aired now I am L & O junkie. They were running episodes out of order as they usually do. One had Chris Noth as the lead detective and the others had Vince D'Onofrio as the lead detective.

I finally got around to cooking. I started and still am in the process of making a homemade albondigas soup (Mexican meatball soup) for H to enjoy after his workshift. The recipe states that it is ready in and hour and half. This is the second time making it and I still am running around the two or two and hlf hour mark on it. The prepping of the celery, carrots, potatoes, meatballs, cilantro, onions, etc. take a little longer than what is called for I think. I know the last time I made this, it was a winner. I thought it was great as did H. J will need to try some tomorrow if she comes over after her workout. I will get her verdict then.

Darn I need to get H. I had more to talk about but I guess it will have to wait til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment