Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coffee, Dirty Towels and Whitney Houston




I'm taking a break from housework and having a good cup of coffee. Have lots of stuff to do around the house after pretty much being away for the last two weeks. I'm pretty sure that my young man's eyesight does not include seeing things that are strewn about. If you ever come over to my house and you're looking for towels, there's usually a pile in his bathroom. LOL.

I'm listening to 97.1 The Drive out of the Windy City this morning. They have a Valentine's Day theme going. Every song being played has the word "love" in its' title. I haven't heard some of these in a while. Case in point toe-tapping along to Paul Simon's "Loves Me A Like A Rock" from way back in 1973 or singing along to the original studio version from 1975 of Peter Frampton's "Baby I Love Your Way". I will have to say that Peter does a much, much better job at singing that song than I do. LOL. I know that's surprising to many.

Sad news yesterday with the passing of Whitney Houston at 48 yrs. old. A troubled soul. What an amazing voice she had! Not my kind of music usually but when she wrapped her vocal chords around songs she made them hers. Her version of the "Star Spangled Banner" at the 1991 Super Bowl was amazing. I don't think I have heard anyone else come even close to matching that performance. Her version of the Dolly Parton penned "I Will Always Love You" in my humble opinion is one of the most powerful female vocal performances ever. I guess it was her time.

Anyways that's it for now. I need to get back to housework. Time to refill my coffee mug

No comments:

Post a Comment