Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Monday er...Tuesday Thoughts




This is going to be a short one. I am in the middle of writing a longer blog on a memory thing that came back to me yesterday but at this point I don't want to go back to that one just yet.

Weird. I went to work today after taking yesterday (the 2nd off) and it really felt like a Monday. I think I need another week or so to become acclimated to 2012 and being back in regular world mode. H is back in class next week so that will help get me back in the routine.

So this morning after getting my first coffee downstairs in the caf I had the great idea of weighing myself. That was not a brilliant move on my part. I was in shock seeing where I am at on the 3rd day of January 2012. It's absolutely no wonder why my sciatica is causing me issues for the last little while. Kind of explains why my knees hurt some at times. I kind of blame all of this on rapidly approaching 50 yrs. old when I should really be putting the onus on this weight that I have gained ever since I quit smoking in March 2010. I am breaking records on a monthly basis weight wise and this is not good. I am going to have to make some lifestyle choices. I am not comfy in my skin right now.

Anyways it was busy at work as it normally is at the beginning of the month. Day zipped right by. I dropped in at WallyWorld for a couple of household things and grabbed a really lame chicken sandwich while I was there. Lesson learned. LOL.

Got home at around 630 after dealing with the usual driving idiocy on the roads here. I wonder if they will ever ban or restrict cellphone usage here while driving. Maybe it it just makes too much sense. It's getting scarier by the day and I am hyper-vigilant on the roads here.

I had some leftovers from the pasta with a white cream sauce that I made yesterday and then watched some of the Iowa caucus coverage. Santorum is in the lead or right near the lead tied with Romney. Insanity prevails in Iowa.

Thank goodness for the 70s music channel. At least they are playing some good songs. I am singing along to the Carpenters. OMG yes the Carpenters. I better put down the glass of cabernet that I am having.

I spent some time doing laundry and cleaning up the kitchen somewhat. I took out the fixings for chicken marinara for tomorrow night. It should be a good supper I think. Bought a nice Italian red to go with it as well.

I ran my month-end numbers for work. I am not happy. I should have done better. I guess in a way it is good that I did this tonight. It will make tomorrow a better day. I think I managed to get rid of all the "crappy' things out of the way today. LOL.

Schlewing out. Time to listen to Lobo on the 70s station!

No comments:

Post a Comment