Sunday, June 16, 2013

Meandering On A Sunday Morning..Another Word For Babbling... (06/16/2013)

Well I am on coffee Kahlua number two this morning and I already have a load of whites in the dryer and am fixing (haha) to get a load of darks into the washer. I used fixing in a sentence just now and earlier this week I used y'all in a sentence; it's official I have been southernized. LOL. Next I will be asking for grits with my eggs. Okay that will never ever effen happen! I have been down that road less traveled a time or two and I was definitely a lost soul in the papier mache taste land.

I even folded the cloth dinner place mats that have been sitting on the dryer for the last month or so. It could be even longer that they were there actually as I know that whites have ended up on top of those several times in the last couple of months. It is absolutely incredible or perhaps ludicrous is a better word how I can put off doing things that literally take minutes to fix, clean, put away, etc. etc. and then bemoan the fact that my house is a tip. LOL. Maybe I like being a whiny bald man. Emphasis on whiny.

Music on the radio is getting interesting once again. Love hearing bands like The National, The Barr Brothers, City and Colour, Mumford and Sons, Half Moon Run, etc. The focus seems to be on the lyrics and understated musicianship. Throw in new stuff from Muse, The Queens of the Stone Age and The Foo Fighters and it's fun to turn on the radio and find out what's next on the radio dial. Not always the same old same old.

In my lazy mode yesterday I happened upon a Cheers retrospective on one of those TV stations that I have that helps explain why the TV part of my Charter bill is over $100. Anyways the part I caught was about all these famous people that have had guest appearances or cameo roles. One of them that brought the memory machine back into operation was the Evan Drake character played by Tom Skerritt. I googled him afterwards as I haven't seen him in too many things lately at all. Turns out that he is 79 yrs. old. Geez Louise I still picture him as Mike "Viper" Metcalf in 1986's "Top Gun". Wow time flies when you are busy living and accumulating debt. LOL.

I guess that today I will have to mow the back part that passes off as a lawn. Ms. Carolyn will be happy that I do so. I should get out there in the next little bit before it gets ridiculously sticky. I did the front yesterday late in the day and I got totally soaked in sweat. Not a pretty sight to have this 51 yr. old man's body in a totally soaked t-shirt form fitting what used to be a fit body. Yeah live well be well my derriere! LOL.

Okay rock and rollers time for breakfast and perhaps another coffee Kahlua. Perhaps. Haha. How about effing likely! Peace out and don't forget to brush your teeth from time to get rid of that broccoli bit you had in your salad one day last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment