Saturday, May 11, 2013

Up Early And A Bit Sore (05/11/13)



Well I am a bit sore this morning after spending yesterday on my feet building a sign and wall and bracket supports out at one of the Habitat for Humanity sites in Taylors. I have muscles that are sore that haven't been used in a while. It was impressive to see the 20-25 Michelin employees work on two homes at the same time. The amount of progress made was amazing. I worked with my manager for most of the latter part of the day and you should see her expert touch on a miter saw. LOL. She had us swear not to tell her hubby that she learned how to operate that tool when we have our department pig roast offsite in a couple of weeks.

I stuck to wielding a hammer from time to time and using my brawn to bang in nails from really uncomfortable positions and spaces. I am just too big to be working in construction. LOL.

I am hoping that a couple shots of Kahlua in my morning coffee will help ease the soreness as I have a 4 hr. shift manning a beer booth downtown this afternoon at Artisphere.

It's going to be 80 and humid so I will likely be busy and on my feet for most of that shift. I am used to sitting on my ever-expanding derriere in my office job and here I am volunteering to stand up for inordinate amounts of time. Brilliant!

It looks like we are finally going to have a nice weekend after having two back to back rain weekends where only ducks were happy. It will give me a chance to work some more on my lawn. I bought some lawn topsoil, fertilizer and more seed to start working in the back. I have to remember the sunscreen. I forgot about it yesterday and my neck is red. Yep I am officially a redneck. In appearance only mind you!

I need a coffee. Or maybe I need more Kahlua. Ha. Peace out rock music lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment