Friday, May 3, 2013

Bee Gees "Lonely Days" (05/03/13)



So I got home after work after stopping in at FL to say hey to the Schlewing With Hair and picked up some fresh veggies, chicken thighs and some Negra Modelo along with some Coronas for the weekend. Bought lots of limes as well. You just can't have Mexican beer without lime. If it isn't a capital offense to do so, it should be!

The chicken thighs will be going into the slow cooker tomorrow morning along with some fresh lime juice, cilantro and salsa to make some absolutely dynamite shredded chicken fajitas or quesadillas. Only thing I will have to do is clean the thighs as they didn't have any skinless ones on sale. This "live well be well" thing of mine means I have to cut out the fatty skin of the chicken. Hmmmm. It probably also means that my good beer intake should be drastically reduced but I am sorry that will only happen when I meet a Republican member of any level of government that I actually don't want to hit with my late father's slipper if I had my late father's slippers to begin with in the first place. Insert appropriate snicker or laugh right here. Hehe!

Anyways I got home, fed the cats, cut some lime, popped open a Negra and dialed into WDRV's Deep Tracks where the classic 1970 Bee Gees "Lonely Days" started coming through on the PC stereo speakers. This may have been the 1st Brothers Gibb track I ever heard. This one or "To Love Somebody". Not sure as we're going way, way back in the Schlewing time machine. All I know is that from the first time I heard the soft piano intro and the blend of Maurice, Robin and Barry's voices in the first couple stanzas of the song I was hooked. I was what; 8 or 9 years old and I was wondering "where I was going to be without my woman". LOL.

It doesn't matter what version I hear. The original from 1970. The live version from the Vegas "One Night Only" that is quite popular on YouTube. They all are magical versions. This song has always hit a chord with me. The music itself isn't too elaborate and the lyrics don't overwhelm anyone but the total package strikes a chord for all of us sentimental people. It was nice to hear it on the Drive tonight!

Time for the Habs game. You know it. Go Habs Go and peace out everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment