Saturday, March 30, 2013

Kind Of Felt Like Typing (03/30/13)



Okay it's 9:10pm and I still haven't had supper. Just finished watching a great RockDoc on the Foo Fighters on VH1 Classic. When Dave Grohl started the band way back when I was hesitant to embrace the West Coast hard rock n grunge sound made popular by the Foos, Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots. Over the last ten years or so I have jumped on the bandwagon and actually like going back and listening to the earlier material. One thing I have noticed is that these bands and their sound remains true and not formulaic at all.

A couple weeks ago the Drive out of Chicago was playing classic album sides and a couple of the sides they played sounded so boring, trite and passe. Back in the 80s I liked Van Halen amd Bon Jovi. Listening to 1984 or Slippery When Wet in the 2010s was way boring. Frankie and Gina can go jump in a lake for all I care to paraphrase a song or two from those albums.

Okay I'll stop slagging the hair bands now. LOL. I used to love the hair bands. Perhaps my baldness has created a hair band aversion of sorts. Who knows? LOL.

Anyways while watching this RockDoc, I did my usual channel surfing during commercials and happened upon an episode of Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" where Guy was in Rhode Island watching the chef prepare "Littlenecks, Roasted Corn, Chorizo and Tomatoes over Spaghetti" and it looked absolutely delicious. I have never made clams at home. In fact I never have ordered clams in a restaurant. I have had some but not often. They were of the fried variety which is probably blasphemous to many. I looked up the recipe and have it saved and I may try it out next weekend. It looks really tasty and not too complicated.

It was a beautiful day here. I was pretty productive. Well I was for me on a weekend. Funny how my monthly massage does wonders for my "esprit de corps".

I went to another funeral or graveside ceremony today. It absolutely sucks that as I get older more and more people I know or know of are passing away. The count over the last year or so is reaching double digits and that truly saddens me. I get all pensive at these things and it brings me back to my immediate family losses like my Mom and Dad.

Hmmmm. All of a sudden I don't know what to type. I think I need to head to the kitchen and dazzle. Ha. It's too darn clean there anyways as I cleaned up last night. I have some medium size shrimp thawed that will go well with something. It can't be bad to eat shrimp at 10 pm can it? Hmmm. I think not! Besides I did say and write to someone today that starting Monday I will be a little more normal in my eating habits. As it is still my birthday month it is therefore my prerogative to do as I want. Anybody knowing me well would say that I must have a birthday every month as I pretty much do what I want when I want. It's the Canadian in me!

Peace out!






No comments:

Post a Comment