Saturday, March 12, 2011

Triumph - Magic Power


Well 16 hours later since my last little bit of writing and I am back on YouTube listening to songs that I have down as favorites and then this wonderfully inspiring song by Triumph starts loading. The track is "Magic Power" released way back in 1981. It's funny that so many of the songs that I love, that touch me, that make me happy, that make me sad are over 20 years old. It seems to be statement against what is being produced and marketed out there these days. Anyways I am rambling off the point once again. LOL. Back to Triumph and "Magic Power".

"Then you hear the music and it all comes crystal clear. The music does the talking, says the things you want to hear." Isn't that what a song is supposed to do? It is supposed to touch you in a way that you can probably not express in such a way on your own. It's amazing that some songwriter out there knows your thoughts, knows your feelings, knows your humanity.

"The world is full of compromise, the infinite red tape...But the music's got the magic, it's your one chance to escape". That is exactly what I need a song to do for me sometimes. It allows me to feel the magic and allows me to escape the compromise and the infinite red tape (aka BS).

I'm so grateful for so many people that write and perform these three to ten minute pieces of music that help me on a daily basis. They help me smile. They help me cry. They help me feel. They have the "magic power".

No comments:

Post a Comment