Sunday, November 13, 2016

Suckered At The Bob Dylan Show.....(11/13/16)....


Hmm...pretty cool that I got to see Bob Dylan in concert last night in Asheville given his status in the folk/rock n roll pantheon ....takeaways are that his voice was actually pretty strong (surprisingly so)....his band is really tight....those are the good things....now for the less favorable part of the show....as you can see below, unless you are a huge Dylan particularly of his 10 yrs or so the set list is unrecognizable...I guess if you know Sinatra you would know more of his stuff than the Bob Dylan songs...lol...it is the first time that I have seen ushers physically grab people that tried to take a picture at a concert...these ushers were of white and blue haired age and literally grabbing people's arms...it was truly surreal to see...there was zero attempt to connect to the audience...not a single "hey Asheville", "here's a new one", "here's an old one" or even a "thank you".....first concert ever that not a word was uttered by the artist or the band....NOT A WORD....I like to call Asheville a hippie town....our Woodstock of the South...well the 'Woodstockians" last night were not very happy....the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium was sold out but midway through the set people were leaving...it was great for me as it afforded me some leg room...lol..I think all told fees and all the show cost me $112...not 100% sure as I usually buy tickets in bunches and dollar amounts get lumped in...well I feel suckered for spending that kind of money....I don't mind spending money...I guess some would say I waste some but I usually have a positive coming back my way for spending that money...aside from Highway 61 Revisited there weren't many positives.....the other classic Dylan numbers he played were unrecognizable...I was like wtf...that isn't "Tangled Up In Blue"...don't get me started with "Blowin' In The Wind"...seriously that was a huge disappointment....It was like a piss poor Harry Connick Jr. piano version of the song with a croaky karaoke singer on lead vocal....the answer my friend was not blowin' in the wind....the answer is BBG got hoovered!

The Set List

Things Have Changed
She Belongs to Me
Highway 61 Revisited
Beyond Here Lies Nothin’
What’ll I Do (Irving Berlin cover)
Pay in Blood
Melancholy Mood (Frank Sinatra cover)
Duquesne Whistle
I’m a Fool to Want You (Frank Sinatra cover)
Tangled Up in Blue (with some new lyrics)
High Water (for Charley Patton)
Why Try to Change Me Now (Cy Coleman cover)
Early Roman Kings
I Could Have Told You (Frank Sinatra cover)
Spirit on the Water
Scarlet Town
All or Nothing at All (Frank Sinatra cover)
Long and Wasted Years
Autumn Leaves (Yves Montand cover)
Blowin’ in the Wind
Love Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment