Saturday, November 23, 2013

Setting The Bar Low (11/23/13)....


Well it was not the most productive day ever in Schlewing-stan. I woke up around 9am and brewed some coffee and this being the weekend I added a drop or two of Kahlua to ensure that I would have mellow start to the day. My big plan was to get busy outside raking leaves but I never made it outside. I got onto my work laptop and sent out a couple of emails and then decided to continue reading my latest Randy Wayne White novel "The Heat Islands."

I ended up doing that for a couple of hours as I sipped on some good coffee and listened to some satellite radio.

About mid-afternoon I decided that perhaps I should be a tad more productive. LOL. It wasn't like I set the bar too high earlier in the day. I started to tidy up some in the kitchen and my bedroom and then decided to make a homemade chicken soup. I did take a shortcut by using using some organic chicken broth rather than using a broth from a full chicken and then shredding the meat off. I will say that my efforts were quite successful. I've been doing pretty well with soups from scratch for the last little while.

I'd love to write that I did a whole lot more but that would be a lie. I ended up getting back into my book and that pretty much carried me to the Pens-Habs game tonight. I am sure that tomorrow I'll be way more hmmmmm active. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment