Sunday, August 26, 2012

This And That On A Sunday Morning

Just starting on my second mug of Tim Horton's coffee this morning and listing to "The Stretch with Sharon Hyland" on 97.7 CHOM out of Montreal. This shows seems to focus on the softer side of rock as the last three songs have been slower paced songs by the likes of Poco, Eric Clapton and Starship. I actually like this. I haven't heard Poco's "Heart Of The Night" in a long,long time. I have a greatest hits of theirs somewhere in my messy home. I'll have to root it out of some pile today.


Today I plan to be a bit more active than I was yesterday. I didn't do much yesterday except watch baseball TV and read up on the huge Red Sox and Dodgers trade that was finalized yesterday afternoon. Talk about a trade that changes the structures of both teams. Interesting. The money involved with these players is absolutely insane. It's no wonder that for two people to go to a game; the costs are north of $150.


Good song came on after Poco. It's Paul McCartney and Wings "Mull of Kintyre" from 1977. A beautiful song with a haunting bagpipe sound throughout the nearly five minutes of the song.

Today I am planning on getting some exercise by working outside on my lawn, bushes, etc. etc.. I'm also planning on doing some work-work to try to catch up on my month-end numbers to be near where I need to be by Friday.

I learned a couple of things this week that really puts my life and perceived troubles into a better perspective.

First I learned that the injuries that a co-worker suffered at home earlier this year have led to her being paralyzed from the waist down. She was doing something that a lot of us do and by a terrible twist of fate she fell the wrong way and now she faces a life filled with greater challenges than most of us face. I was told that she is facing these changes with determination and optimism that made me realize that I should not be whining if I was to begin with at times.

The other thing I learned was that a young lady whose Mom lives a few houses down the street took her life at the age of 24 yrs. old this week because she just couldn't cope with life anymore.

H and I talked about this last night and I related to him what I knew and recalled about my father's death under the same circumstances at the age of 32. H was not aware of many of the circumstances surrounding my early life it seems. It's weird I was sure that I had told him all of this stuff over the years. He told me otherwise. What had started in an "I am making this for supper conversation became a conversation about some of the crappier things that happened in my life when I was 5 to 9 years old". That was a good thing. It was bit cathartic and has triggered something that I have to add to my to-do or must-do list in the next week. That list is getting long. LOL. I need to actually doing it rather than adding to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment